X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been "Gyaku-Nanpa'd"?

I'm not talking about being approached in a bar or at a party, but literally on the street have a woman come up to you and start chatting? (and obviously it doesn't count if they're soliciting you to come in for a "masaji" or eat at the izakaya they work for).

I myself have not but have heard some stories. Mostly from guys (who have been known to lie or exaggerate about this kind of thing) but recently a Japanese woman in Osaka who I consider a fairly reliable source insisted that it happened to her ex boyfriend while she was with him on more than one occasion and seemed surprised that it hadn't happened to me.

So how about it? Any experiences?

Originally posted by Handoftheking View Post
    Mostly from guys (who have been known to lie or exaggerate about this kind of thing)
    I am not sure if I have told you (I tell pretty much everyone this story, so the possibility is rather high) but was not long ago, accosted in the local supermarket by a hot "youngish" J-babe. I immediately noted the irony of the location (meat section) and before I could think, and without haste I should add, she shuttled me over to the egg rack. You didn't need to be a farmer to understand the signals. Now we are just waiting for the results. Wish us luck!

Comment

Yes. But I'm awesome.

Comment

yea sure, I do it all the time ..

If your a western girl, doing it to the J-host boys who are chasing after the poor J-girls who just want to be left alone is kind of a nice trick... taste of their own medicine and all that.

BUT seriously, speaking to someone is NOT gyaku-nan. I understood that that is being friendly, but gyaku nan is chatting up with the intention of sex. Pretty soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by ume View Post
          yea sure, I do it all the time ..

If your a western girl, doing it to the J-host boys who are chasing after the poor J-girls who just want to be left alone is kind of a nice trick... taste of their own medicine and all that.

BUT seriously, speaking to someone is NOT gyaku-nan. I understood that that is being friendly, but gyaku nan is chatting up with the intention of sex. Pretty soon after.
          Point taken, my original wording was poor. I mean getting "picked up" by women on the street (or in the super market or whatever)

Comment

Point taken, my original wording was poor. I mean getting "picked up" by women on the street (or in the super market or whatever)
            I wasn't bashing your wording dude... good on anyone for getting laid. And especially good on the japanese chicks for having the guts to do it. I hope it continues.

but I'm just saying ... If I had 100 yen for every woman, man, child, and obachaan (Especially the latter) who spoke to me in the supermarket ... i would be well into the ichi-mans by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
              Yes. But I'm awesome.
              No. And I even hold up a sign that says, "Free Hugs!"

<D@mn!>

Comment

Gyaku-nan no.
                Gyaku-chikan'ed yes.

Comment

I've been approached on the street, which I turned into a meeting later on... not sure what their original intention was though, so it's hard to say of it really was a gkayku-nan. That said, the people who are best at it will do it subtly.

Comment

i've been gyakunan'ed in izakaya before, and felt up by chijo's as well on the train

gyakunan is nothing special if you're fashionable and decent looking

the more flashy your clothes and hair are the more likely you are to be gyakunan'd

unfortunately most girls who gyakunan are either older (30+) or ugly. but once in a while you get the young and outgoing hot chicks who are just looking for fun.

Comment

..literally on the street have a woman come up to you and start chatting?
                      Yep. Now it may look glamour like when you see me, you dig, snake skin down to the floor, patent shoes to match, but it ain't easy, you gonna have to work some to get to this status baby, see you at the top.

Comment

Once a 70-year-old woman grabbed my @$$ in an elevator. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
                          Once a 70-year-old woman grabbed my @$$ in an elevator. Does that count?
                          Ha, ha! Reminds me... A few years ago, I was staying in the Hotel Okura in Tokyo on business. I got back to the hotel relatively late at night, after some late working followed by dinner with co-workers. AS I headed for the escalator to the underground passageway to the other building, this old (60 if a day, slightly hunched, straggly grey hair) Japanese woman was ascending. She looked at me and said, "Don't you want to take me to your room?"

I politely declined and continued on my way...

Comment

A sort of gentle chijo experience - twice when I've been on busy commuter trains, a woman stood close to me has taken hold of my hand and not let go until reaching the terminus, then got off the train without looking at me. One was a hot girl in her 20s, the other was an attractive woman about my age (late 30s). They didn't start stroking the hand or try to be seductive, they just held it while looking straight ahead as commuters do. Now what's that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
                              A sort of gentle chijo experience - twice when I've been on busy commuter trains, a woman stood close to me has taken hold of my hand and not let go until reaching the terminus, then got off the train without looking at me. One was a hot girl in her 20s, the other was an attractive woman about my age (late 30s). They didn't start stroking the hand or try to be seductive, they just held it while looking straight ahead as commuters do. Now what's that all about?
                              Dunno. Obviously, their gaydar wasn't working...

(Not that there's anything wrong with that - being gay, I mean...)

Comment

Working...
                              X