X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women compete for men

Heard an interesting theory in a bar here that Japanese women will compete socially for decent men. Does this mean women here will approach men?

FFS! Lame...

Comment

Originally posted by shyjin View Post
      Heard an interesting theory in a bar here that Japanese women will compete socially for decent men. Does this mean women here will approach men?
      And if yes, it would be interesting to know how will they approach them. LOL

Comment

Pretty sure that going up and saying "hello" to a man they don't know in a bar or club is not standard operating procedure for any J-girls I know of. It's not going to happen, even if you look like Johnny Depp and you're loaded. Women in Japan don't "approach" men in this way, just a cultural thing.

My advice is man up or die alone, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by shyjin View Post
          How does a woman know you are decent just by looking at you? Do they have catfights or Junken to see who will buy you drinks?

What I have heard happen is if one of her girlfriends gets a guy/boyfriend she will try and poach the guy off her, for herself. Bit like the cuckoos who steal other birds nests.

Comment

KB it doesn't matter if women see a guy is good looking or rich looking, women here don't just go up and start flirting with men. No need to lie to the poor sod

Comment

C'mon, kids, this is shyjin with another of his ridiculous threads. Nothing to see here, people; keep moving on.

Comment

Agreed, it's another stupid thread. Whether he is a troll, or just socially dysfunctional, who knows, but nothing said in this thread is going to help him regardless.

Originally posted by displaced_gaijin View Post
                Pretty sure that going up and saying "hello" to a man they don't know in a bar or club is not standard operating procedure for any J-girls I know of. It's not going to happen, even if you look like Johnny Depp and you're loaded. Women in Japan don't "approach" men in this way, just a cultural thing.
                You be speaking too fast son. I've seen it happen (unfortunately not to me). I have a half buddy who is one of the beautiful people, and I've been out with him on numerous occasions when girls have approached him. Can't say I'm not a little envious

Comment

I've been approaached by a few women while i'm out but you gotta figure most of the time, they are not what you are looking for. Plus whats the fun of a girl coming up to you and picking you up? not for me,I like the challenge. Majority of the time when a women approaches you is:
                  1) they want a free drink, free something.
                  2) they are drunk, old and desparate.
                  3) You have something to offer that can benefit them (obviously not your looks or charm).
                  4) You are in the way to the bathroom, bar, or exit.

Most women who are attracted to you would be to shy to even approach you and ususally you will be the one to walk up to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                    Agreed, it's another stupid thread. Whether he is a troll, or just socially dysfunctional, who knows, but nothing said in this thread is going to help him regardless.

You be speaking too fast son. I've seen it happen (unfortunately not to me). I have a half buddy who is one of the beautiful people, and I've been out with him on numerous occasions when girls have approached him. Can't say I'm not a little envious
                    Where did this occur at? I can say almost no women have approached me in Japan and I'm pretty decent looking.

Comment

Not good enough I guess (never happened to me either). I've seen it happen to him at a few drinking establishments in Tokyo, and once in Hamamatsu.

Comment

...almost no women have approached me in Japan ...
                        I have been approached on a beach, at a train station, on the street, at the zoo, at Expo-70 in Osakac so of course it does happen, but none of these ever went beyond those few minutesc My shiny wedding ring might have had something to do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
                          I have been approached on a beach, at a train station, on the street, at the zoo, at Expo-70 in Osakac so of course it does happen, but none of these ever went beyond those few minutesc My shiny wedding ring might have had something to do about that.
                          Yeah but how often in Japan :P

Comment

Yeah but how often in Japan :P
                            Those were all in Japan.... by Japanese girls. I don't usually talk about what happened in the Dark Ages.....

Comment

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
                              Those were all in Japan.... by Japanese girls. I don't usually talk about what happened in the Dark Ages.....
                              I was nanpa-ed by a student at NOVA but that was way back in 1988 when there were only a few hundred gaijin in Osaka.

Comment

Working...
                              X