Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top

Top Module
Collapse

Why is married status so important?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is married status so important?

    I know japanese are aliens and trying to understand them is probably a futile attempt but still I wonder why so many Japanese women want to marry so desperately in their 30's.

    Why is married status so important?

    The only reason I would marry someone is for visa status (you have to admit it makes life alot easier in Japan)

    I think I already know the answer. Japanese people don't want to stick out. But why can't a women be a happy single?

    If you're a 30+ old women and still single Jsociety views you as a misfit? Why?
    Last edited by Genkii; 2012-04-01, 04:04 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Genkii View Post
    ... Why?
    'cause - Japan needs babies, and women and men too - don't want to be lonely, and those horroramones are 'akickin in...

    Comment


    • #3
      Ask me how I know..

      You think that's desperate, meet a few in the months leading up to 40. Turning 40 and still not married?! Thats absurd!! They will do asbsolutely anything to change social status before three niner changes to four zero. Gotta get it in there before the birthday! Death or betrothal!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Genkii View Post
        Why is married status so important?
        "Married" is a euphemism for "children".
        Women fear that after 40 they will not be able to safely have kids.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Genkii View Post
          I
          The only reason I would marry someone is for visa status (you have to admit it makes life alot easier in Japan)
          and you will spend the next 20 years of your life paying off kids. Seems like quite an expensive proposition just for a visa.

          Comment


          • #6
            And with that, the relationship between you and your kids just became that much clearer.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think most of them have a fairy-tale notion of what marriage will be.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                And with that, the relationship between you and your kids just became that much clearer.
                Marrying for love is one thing. Marrying for a visa is something else. I wasn't talking about me anyway. Genkii is hardly in a position to support himself in Japan, let alone anybody else in his life.
                Last edited by KansaiBen; 2012-03-18, 12:10 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I know you weren't, but the comment itself was very telling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The best thing is to marry for love and visa ...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                      I know you weren't, but the comment itself was very telling.

                      You can read into it whatever you want. Getting married and having kids doesn't mean you just to lie down and take whatever is thrown at you, though you may not think so. Anyway I dont want to get into a debate about this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                        Getting married and having kids doesn't mean you just to lie down and take whatever is thrown at you, though you may not think so.
                        ????

                        I never indicated anything whatsoever on the topic one way or another. That was a weird random comment.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kiboo View Post
                          The best thing is to marry for love and visa ...
                          I remember one time my ex said I married her so it would be easier for me to get PR by getting a spouse visa, when I already qualified for it by living here ten years, Funny some things that ex-wives say, especially when they are not true.

                          OP, Do you really want to have a wife controling you by having your visa status hanging over you so she can get you to do whatever she wants? All she has to do is threaten to leave you and you are f--ked.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                            ????

                            I never indicated anything whatsoever on the topic one way or another. That was a weird random comment.
                            so what was so telling about my comment or are you being vague as usual?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                              OP, Do you really want to have a wife controling you by having your visa status hanging over you so she can get you to do whatever she wants? All she has to do is threaten to leave you and you are f--ked.
                              If my wife made that threat, regardless of how much I wanted to stay married to her, I would spit in her eye, pack my bags and walk out, NEVER to return.
                              If that meant having to leave the country, so be it.
                              No-one should put up with that sh!t. And she could forget about any form of financial maintenance, except for child support.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X