Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Romance on the cheap!

Hi all
    my gf is coming to see me this weekend and i am so low on cash its laughable..dammed key money etc
    i want to take her somewhere romantic but only recently moved to tokyo from Shiz and as such dont know any good places...somewhere pretty to walk around etc. If i had the cash i could name 1000 things but alas! i am poor but still want to show her i care etc..
    any suggestions will be welcomed.
    thanks

Originally posted by AshVanguard View Post
    Hi all
    my gf is coming to see me this weekend and i am so low on cash its laughable..dammed key money etc
    i want to take her somewhere romantic but only recently moved to tokyo from Shiz and as such dont know any good places...somewhere pretty to walk around etc. If i had the cash i could name 1000 things but alas! i am poor but still want to show her i care etc..
    any suggestions will be welcomed.
    thanks
    Bento in Ueno park! Maybe your girlfriend will chip in for a couple of cans of beer.
    Bento in Shinjuku Gyoen if she has delusions of grandeur.

By the way, whereabouts are you in Tokyo? If you're that poor, maybe we can suggest some places in your part of town to cut down on the travel costs.
    Last edited by cucashopboy; 2012-06-08, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
      Bento in Ueno park! Maybe your girlfriend will chip in for a couple of cans of beer.

By the way, whereabouts are you in Tokyo? If you're that poor, maybe we can suggest some places in your part of town to cut down on the travel costs.
      You could walk from Sky Tree to Tokyo Tower or vice versa depending on where you are. Rainbow Bridge from afar......but methinks the rainy season will start from tonight,so you might want to take an umbrella or at least lift a nice one from an umbrella rack !

Comment

temples and shrines

Comment

homemade lunch and a picnic at the park.

Comment

Yep - if the weather is nice Shinjuku Gyoen is lovely. Romantic too. Make her a picnic. Pack some wine/sparkling wine/champagne even (if you can stretch that far) and a blanket and make a day of it.The Tokyo Metropolitan Government offices are pretty nearby. It doesn't cost anything to go to the top of that and the view is spectacular on a clear day. I find boats/water quite romantic - I can't remember how much it costs but less than a thousand yen to take the ferry to places like Asakusa as well, and you pass Sky Tree on the way which is pretty cool. I can't remember where you catch the ferry from but it's easy enough to find out.

Comment

you can never
              go wrong with
              cocoichiban!

make sure
              she orders the
              wiener curry!

Comment

Cheapest hHarbour Cruise in Japan

Probably the same thingy that BellaB of the Bounteous Bum mentioned above, but yeah, the Water Bus:

http://www.kouwan.metro.tokyo.jp/eng...cess/ship.html

And Meiji Jingu, Yasukuni Shrine, etc.

Oh, and walking around the Imperial Palace. The Forbidden City it isn't, but it's still pretty F'ing cool.

Comment

Wise words and beautiful formatting.

Originally posted by Pinkerton View Post
                  you can never
                  go wrong with
                  cocoichiban!

make sure
                  she orders the
                  wiener curry!

Comment

Wise words and beautiful formatting.
                    thank you for recognizing my efforts. I thought that post was going to be lost to the ravages of time.

you are double plus good!

Comment

Yo gotta say thanks for all the suggestions..so far taken many walks and such..riding the tama monrail is fun and very cheap if you dont get off...i live in west tokyo (Tachikawa)
                      the Polar museum is free as well for anyone's furture reference
                      still havent been to ueno park..ive been to yoyogi hundreds of times though
                      peace

Comment

Originally posted by AshVanguard View Post
                        Yo gotta say thanks for all the suggestions..so far taken many walks and such..riding the tama monrail is fun and very cheap if you dont get off...i live in west tokyo (Tachikawa)
                        the Polar museum is free as well for anyone's furture reference
                        still havent been to ueno park..ive been to yoyogi hundreds of times though
                        peace
                        and........ did you try the wiener curry!?!

Comment

Working...
                        X