Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top

Top Module
Collapse

Protecting your assets

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Protecting your assets

    I'm on a bit of a roll here with my pending divorce.
    Once you get over the emotional trauma of a seperation or divorce, it's time to make sure that your assets are protected, regardless of how amicable the split up.

    In Australia, living together for 12 months gives the partners the same legal rights as a married couple. I don't know about other countries. This means that, at some stage, there will be a division of property. It would be very foolish for either party to believe the other person's declarations of goodwill, as they could change their mind at any time or be influenced by another party.

    So, protect your assets!

    Prenuptual ageements are rare and are easily challenged as are written agreements made after the split up. I took some very good legal sdvice and transferred all assets accrued prior to my marriage into a Discretionary Trust, of which I'm the trustee. That means I, and only I, can disperse the Trust's assets and that's at my discretion. The courts would have a very hard time making an order against the Trust as any dispersal of assets require the approval of the trustee, which he/she is not compelled to give.

    So, protect your assets!

    I have told my, soon to be, ex that she is entitled to 50% of any assets that we have gained, since our marriage and I have no problem with that. She also knows that she has a snowball's chance in hell of touching anything I accrued prior to our relationship. Hard? Maybe. Fair? Definately.

    This is something that anyone in a relationship should consider, regardless of the current state of their relationship. I'm certainly not being bitter, just practical,

    Just my two yen's worth.
    Last edited by oxymoron; 2012-06-20, 02:24 PM.

  • #2
    I believe that prenuptial agreements are not enforceable in Japan. Not that it would have mattered for me - when I got married my net worth (as far as assets are concerned) was somewhere between zero and very little. So my wife would be more than welcome to half of that if we were to get divorced.

    Comment


    • #3
      Your ex-wife, who you once loved dearly, gave you 20 years of her life. She accepted you despite the fact that you were twice divorced and wanted no more kids. Maybe she thought she could change you. Who knows?

      So 20 years later, there she is, childless in a foreign country, "'Straya," where foreigners aren't exactly welcome........

      And here you are, whining about the need to pay her money, begrudging her a few pennies here and there. Bragging about how smart you are in finding ways to avoid paying.

      Some weeks ago, you gleefully described killing NVA/VC soldiers when you were a serviceman in Vietnam. Maybe it was bravado.

      But it was at that point that I decided that you were an intimidating thug. Now, with the latest chapter of your life revealed, Oprah-like for all of us to see, it seems as if you are a bully to your own family as well as being a murderous lout.

      I sincerely hope your wife takes you to the cleaners. About the money: don't be so smug - there have been cases where men lost their 'Super to their wives.

      As for your dodgy family trust - you don't have a family you galah; your own kids loathe you and there won't be many teary eyed people at your funeral.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
        And here you are, whining about the need to pay her money, begrudging her a few pennies here and there. Bragging about how smart you are in finding ways to avoid paying.
        You really are retarded (no offense to the handicapped) aren't you. What he said was this:

        Originally posted by oxymoron View Post
        I have told my, soon to be, ex that she is entitled to 50% of any assets that we have gained, since our marriage and I have no problem with that.
        Where is he begrudging her a few pennies and bragging about ways to avoid paying?

        You really should stop posting until you get your IQ up to that of a normal human being.

        Comment


        • #5
          Is Rainbow Tokyo dyslexic or just stupid?

          Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
          And here you are, whining about the need to pay her money, begrudging her a few pennies here and there. Bragging about how smart you are in finding ways to avoid paying.
          You must be dyslexic or illiterate as you obviously have problem with comprehension.
          My wife gets 50% of assets accrued over the last 20 years. Which part of that don't you understand?
          BTW, that enough to see her live in comfort for the rest of her life. I'd be interested to know how you would provide for your ex, in a similar situation.


          Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
          I sincerely hope your wife takes you to the cleaners. About the money: don't be so smug - there have been cases where men lost their 'Super to their wives.
          As for your dodgy family trust - you don't have a family you galah; your own kids loathe you and there won't be many teary eyed people at your funeral.

          Not smug, you tosser, just prudent. It's also obvious that you know nothing about Trusts. If you have trouble comprehending this, get someone to explain it to you. What a dimwitted, judgemental dipsh!t!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oxymoron View Post
            Not smug, you tosser, just prudent. It's also obvious that you know nothing about Trusts. If you have trouble comprehending this, get someone to explain it to you. What a dimwitted, judgemental dipsh!t!
            I do know a bit about trusts.

            A trust has to have a beneficiary. Now, truth be told, you are pretty much alone in the world without your missus. She's the only person to have stuck by you for 20 years; your own kids from past marriages have been poisoned against you.

            Seeing you have nobody who gives a toss about you, I wonder who the beneficiary of the trust will be? Maybe you can leave all the dough to charity or to a veterans benefits cause? Or maybe you can arrange to have all of it placed into your coffin and cremated with you? The only good news is that your money will be 'protected'. And a fat lot of good that's going to be at your age.

            For anyone else who is interested (and has deserving beneficiaries): http://www.smh.com.au/money/planning...403-1w9w0.html

            Stop being a wally OP. Swallow your pride and try to get her back, menopause and all. Who else is going to put up with you in your old age?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
              Your ex-wife, who you once loved dearly, gave you 20 years of her life. She accepted you despite the fact that you were twice divorced and wanted no more kids. Maybe she thought she could change you. Who knows?

              So 20 years later, there she is, childless in a foreign country, "'Straya," where foreigners aren't exactly welcome........

              And here you are, whining about the need to pay her money, begrudging her a few pennies here and there. Bragging about how smart you are in finding ways to avoid paying.

              Some weeks ago, you gleefully described killing NVA/VC soldiers when you were a serviceman in Vietnam. Maybe it was bravado.

              But it was at that point that I decided that you were an intimidating thug. Now, with the latest chapter of your life revealed, Oprah-like for all of us to see, it seems as if you are a bully to your own family as well as being a murderous lout.

              I sincerely hope your wife takes you to the cleaners. About the money: don't be so smug - there have been cases where men lost their 'Super to their wives.

              As for your dodgy family trust - you don't have a family you galah; your own kids loathe you and there won't be many teary eyed people at your funeral.
              Feckoff f@ggot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
                Your ex-wife, who you once loved dearly, gave you 20 years of her life. She accepted you despite the fact that you were twice divorced and wanted no more kids. Maybe she thought she could change you. Who knows?

                So 20 years later, there she is, childless in a foreign country, "'Straya," where foreigners aren't exactly welcome........

                And here you are, whining about the need to pay her money, begrudging her a few pennies here and there. Bragging about how smart you are in finding ways to avoid paying.

                Some weeks ago, you gleefully described killing NVA/VC soldiers when you were a serviceman in Vietnam. Maybe it was bravado.

                But it was at that point that I decided that you were an intimidating thug. Now, with the latest chapter of your life revealed, Oprah-like for all of us to see, it seems as if you are a bully to your own family as well as being a murderous lout.

                I sincerely hope your wife takes you to the cleaners. About the money: don't be so smug - there have been cases where men lost their 'Super to their wives.

                As for your dodgy family trust - you don't have a family you galah; your own kids loathe you and there won't be many teary eyed people at your funeral.
                Feel better? That's another useless rant as oxymoron doesn't give a sh!t about what you think. I really don't see why he's even posting this on GP–unless of course he's hoping to fob off his sloppy seconds on some poor sucker like me or KB. Or maybe you'll take her, it's rumoured your balls are so blue that you'll hump the crack of dawn.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hml View Post
                  Feckoff f@ggot.
                  Is that the best you can do? Last week Edin called me a Jew loving N1gger. Anyone else?

                  Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                  Feel better? That's another useless rant as oxymoron doesn't give a sh!t about what you think. I really don't see why he's even posting this on GP–unless of course he's hoping to fob off his sloppy seconds on some poor sucker like me or KB. Or maybe you'll take her, it's rumoured your balls are so blue that you'll hump the crack of dawn.
                  I see you aren't tending the goldfish and plants today. BTW I'm still waiting for you to make good your impotent threat to take out my work computers. Hurry now, I need some new machines.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
                    Is that the best you can do?
                    Little effort is needed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Going offtopic here. Just a random thought. Since people use trusts to avoid money becoming marital property can it be used to dodge taxes in the same way?

                      Especially japan. What can they do? Since you do not own these trusts but merely control them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
                        I see you aren't tending the goldfish and plants today.
                        Will you please stop with the goldfish. I don't breed or sell goldfish because I DON'T HAVE THE RESOURCES.
                        If I were to sell these fish I'd have to invest in 300cm x 500 cm x 50cm deep outdoor pools to keep them in.
                        I'd need some fairly expensive pumps to aerate their water.
                        I'd need to invest in at least 6 good quality breeders 2 males and 4 females at 20,000-100,000円 upwards in cost.
                        Out of 1 breeding season I'd get about 10,000 eggs of which 7,000 or so would be viable. Of those viable eggs I would get 5,000 feeder goldfish which are worth about 5円 each. I would get around 3,0000 average quality fish suitable for selling to the people who make the rounds of the summer matsuri. I would get about 1,800 good quality fish worth around 200円 each. And of the remaining fish I will get exactly 2 or 3 pairs that will be exceptional 3 years down the road–I just have to have the patience to keep them that long. Goldfish are too much trouble, freshwater and saltwater tropicals and their supplies give a better return.


                        Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
                        Is that the best you can do? Last week Edin called me a Jew loving N1gger. Anyone else?
                        The latter Yes, the former No! I have it on good authority that you hate the Jews. So I would never call you a Jew lover!


                        Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
                        BTW I'm still waiting for you to make good your impotent threat to take out my work computers. Hurry now, I need some new machines.
                        I put an ad in SoF for a skilled cyber-assassin. I don't want you returning from the dead now do I?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The best way to protect your assets is to make the wife wear a chastity belt.

                          Hauntingly,
                          A.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X