New York - Narita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York - Narita

For those who have purchased round trip tickets from New York to Tokyo and traveled in either February or March, what kind of airfares did you get and who did you get it from? I'm trying to find the cheapest rate for the end of Feb or March, but I'm getting a $600+ fare from sites and travel agencies. I've seen fares in the $400's published in the past... but wasn't sure if such fares were ONLY going to become available in February/March (as in last minute deals). I was hoping to get sample fares from people who traveled during this time of year.... and if you did get a price under $500, did you purchase it way in advance or last minute?

Thank you for your feedback.

Re: New York - Narita

I flew from new york in april on a round trip ticket from JAL it cost $860,that was the cheapest at that time sometimes if you have a credit card you can get good deals but you might have to have a lay over my flight was straight to narita.
    you should try the major airlines the websites sometimes require you to make 30 day reservations,call up ANA or JAL and compare their rates.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with flights from the States either. We tried to buy tix for relatives to come here from the Chicago area, and it was the same story--$675++ in February! Two years ago we paid $425. Never thought I'd see this, but it's actually cheaper to buy tickets in Japan now! BTW, there are some Japanese travel agencies with offices in the US. I've always used IACE, which has been pretty good.

Comment

I'd suggest monitoring this site:

www.cheapflights.com

Another one, if it's still in business, is www.capcitytravel.com

Comment

Working...
        X