Japan to Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan to Canada

I'm going to Calgary in April. What's the cheapest way to get there? I saw a flight from Tokyo on Expedia.com for 1,300 USD (120,000 yen) return. Is that good?

I got nailed for 170,000yen on a flight from Tokyo to Toronto recently but I did buy the ticket on short notice (1 week) with an open return date changeable with no fees. I flew with Korean air, with a stop in Seoul. Korean air was fantastic by the way, that's my third flight with them on one of their 772's and am looking forward to the trip back.

Anyway 120,000 is not such a good deal. You may want to look at flying into Vancouver and transferring onto a westjet flight or something similar. If I had flown to Vancouver my ticket would have been closer to 70,000yen, but due to my circumstances it was not possible. Check with HIS and JTB and see what comes up. HIS has good deals on their site often.

Comment

epic nail

Originally posted by paradoxbox View Post
      I got nailed for 170,000yen on a flight from Tokyo to Toronto recently but I did buy the ticket on short notice (1 week) with an open return date changeable with no fees.
      Wow, you got nailed on the flight. I didn't know Korean Air hosts/hostesses offered those kinds of services. Still 170,000 yen is pretty steep for a nailing - mile high club or not.

Comment

believe me if getting nailed on the flight by a korean air hostess was on the menu it'd be worth every yen..!! have you seen some of those korean air hostesses?? wowza!!
        miss universe material on each and every one of those flights..!

Comment

I saw a group of them in Seoul airport walk straight past a screaming, lost little girl. Cold blooded. Then a group of Jal hosties came and rescued her.

Comment

meh, say what you will, but one hostess on one of my recent korean air flights was so hot, i could barely comprehend it. i couldn't help but laugh, because she was just so insanely gorgeous. it was ridiculous! how could someone be that good looking? crazy. guess i got my money's worth on that flight.

Comment

bump

Anyone have an answer to the OP's question?

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxbox View Post
                I got nailed for 170,000yen on a flight from Tokyo to Toronto recently but I did buy the ticket on short notice (1 week) with an open return date changeable with no fees. I flew with Korean air, with a stop in Seoul. Korean air was fantastic by the way, that's my third flight with them on one of their 772's and am looking forward to the trip back.

Anyway 120,000 is not such a good deal. You may want to look at flying into Vancouver and transferring onto a westjet flight or something similar. If I had flown to Vancouver my ticket would have been closer to 70,000yen, but due to my circumstances it was not possible. Check with HIS and JTB and see what comes up. HIS has good deals on their site often.
                April is too far away to know. HIS are weasels. But go ahead, check every so often to see if you can score a cheap seat. I tried like this after I got annoyed by their Shinjuku branch who told me that there was no cheap seat for any flight on any day on any airline in September:
                You still have cheap flights advertised.
                Oh that price has been sold out. We have another for......138,xxx
                With the additional tariffs that's double. The actual airline site is cheaper.
                I'm very sorry sir, but we only have these seats left.
                Okay, I see. Well my schedule is flexible. How about October?
                (he checks)
                Sorry, sir, those seats have also been sold out.
                I see. Well, your calendar online goes into November. The prices are a bit more, but most people don't fly to Vancouver in November. (he checks again)
                Still polite as can be..... Sorry sir, all those seats have been sold.
                So do you actually have any discount seats available? If I choose a cheap fare for another destination, would you have one? Anywhere in the USA, for example?
                I don't know sir.

It is a pure scam. You can get a ticket at the airline website just as easy.

I think someone should sue them for false advertising -- again. I've decided to track the site until Christmas to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  April is too far away to know. HIS are weasels. But go ahead, check every so often to see if you can score a cheap seat. I tried like this after I got annoyed by their Shinjuku branch who told me that there was no cheap seat for any flight on any day on any airline in September:
                  You still have cheap flights advertised.
                  Oh that price has been sold out. We have another for......138,xxx
                  With the additional tariffs that's double. The actual airline site is cheaper.
                  I'm very sorry sir, but we only have these seats left.
                  Okay, I see. Well my schedule is flexible. How about October?
                  (he checks)
                  Sorry, sir, those seats have also been sold out.
                  I see. Well, your calendar online goes into November. The prices are a bit more, but most people don't fly to Vancouver in November. (he checks again)
                  Still polite as can be..... Sorry sir, all those seats have been sold.
                  So do you actually have any discount seats available? If I choose a cheap fare for another destination, would you have one? Anywhere in the USA, for example?
                  I don't know sir.

It is a pure scam. You can get a ticket at the airline website just as easy.

I think someone should sue them for false advertising -- again. I've decided to track the site until Christmas to see what happens.

as i say many times, avoid de middleman.

air canada has decent fares in my experience.

Comment

What are you talking about? I've never found Air Canada to be any cheaper than double the H.I.S. price, and up to 4 times as high.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                      What are you talking about? I've never found Air Canada to be any cheaper than double the H.I.S. price, and up to 4 times as high.
                      Have you purchased a ticket through HIS before?

Comment

My last post would seem to indicate so.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                          My last post would seem to indicate so.
                          Your last post was vague. You didn't say anything about buying a ticket, only seeing tickets listed.

Comment

Yes I have. I generally buy through HIS, as they are usually the cheapest ticket.

Be warned though - HIS service can be really bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X