X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secuirty number to enter US

I registered for that security number you need when entering the US last year do i have to re-register when entering this year? Forget its exact name

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
    I registered for that security number you need when entering the US last year do i have to re-register when entering this year? Forget its exact name
    You only have to re-register if certain details have changed -- e.g. Passport number.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHel...ine_Help_1.htm
    Last edited by iago; 2010-05-21, 01:53 AM.

Comment

ESTA

Valid for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
        you DO NEED to activate that number (at least) three days before you enter with your flight date and flight number, address where you will be staying etc...

without that activation, you will NOT be permitted to board the plane!

Comment

At destination don't forget to ask the taxi driver to take the longest possible route from the airport to the place you'll be staying thus allowing you to claim the highest possible reimbursement for transportation fees.

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
            you DO NEED to activate that number (at least) three days before you enter with your flight date and flight number, address where you will be staying etc...

without that activation, you will NOT be permitted to board the plane!
            That's only the first time, though. Once you've got the travel approval, it's good for two years unless your passport expires.

Comment

security number? Wha? Are you talking about that thing that was supposedly supposed to express you through the airport?

Comment

No the OP was probably talking about ESTA:
                https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

Comment

Working...
                X