Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR Commuter Pass Prices

Hey all,

I'll soon be living in Kyoto prefecture but will be needing to commute to Osaka prefecture most days of the week and have realized that the commuter pass will probably be the best way to make this trip (same route every time).

Where can I find the prices for this? I understand that there's 1, 3 and 6 month options?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Originally posted by Widen View Post
    Where can I find the prices for this? I understand that there's 1, 3 and 6 month options?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    At the station or on JR's website.

Comment

Originally posted by schizm View Post
      At the station or on JR's website.
      I'd consulted the JR West website in the past and wasn't able to find anything and I'm unfortunately not in Japan yet (and thus, unable to go to the station), but am hoping to find out in advance.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Comment

JR Kyoto Station <--Most Direct Route--> JR Osaka Station
        1 Month Commuter Pass 16,070 yen
        3 Month Commuter Pass 45,790 yen
        6 Month Commuter Pass 77,110 yen

JR Nishi-Nihon Commuter Pass Calculator
        http://myteiki.jr-odekake.net/
        Last edited by PageOne; 2010-06-06, 01:23 AM.

Comment

So you can work out the savings.

A single JR ticket from JR Kyoto Station to JR Umeda station is 540yen.

There are discount options for travelling between certain times or if you buy 10 tickets at a time you get 11 for the price of 10. The Commuter Pass is definitely the way to go if you are travelling almost every day.

There are also two other railways that run between Kyoto and Osaka. The Hankyu Line leaves from Kyoto Kawaramachi and terminates at Umeda. The ticket cost is 390yen. I don't know the commuter pass cost. You can also buy 10 and get 11 tickets, buy 6 for travel between 10am and 4pm and its a little cheaper again. Buy 7 weekend tickets and save around 30%. These are all available from the ticket machine.

The Keihan Line leaves from Kyoto Shojo (I think) and terminates at Osaka Yodoyobashi station which is one stop on the Midosuji subway line from Umeda Osaka. I have never used this one to travel between these two stations so I don't know the cost. I'm sure they have a website if you google.

Comment

Try

http://www.hyperdia.com

it is in english.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinysim View Post
              The Keihan Line leaves from Kyoto Shojo (I think) and terminates at Osaka Yodoyobashi station which is one stop on the Midosuji subway line from Umeda Osaka. I have never used this one to travel between these two stations so I don't know the cost. I'm sure they have a website if you google.
              Keihan starts at Demachiyanagi and finishes in Yodoyabashi in Osaka.

Comment

Working...
              X