X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences about Aeroflot?

Is it as bad as I have heard? I could make it cheap to Japan from my country by using Aeroflot, way cheaper compared to Finnair or KLM which are both quite pricey.

Originally posted by Hellzingki View Post
    Is it as bad as I have heard? I could make it cheap to Japan from my country by using Aeroflot, way cheaper compared to Finnair or KLM which are both quite pricey.
    Roll the dice, sip a vodka and let fate decide your journey.

Comment

They're much better than they used to be. They haven't crashed in months.
      They now require any onboard chickens to be caged.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
        Probably the owners should be caged as well.
        Last edited by Hijinx; 2012-02-28, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I remember a story a while back of an Aeroflot pilot who let his son of some sit at the controls. Shortly after which the son accidently slammed 80 screaming people into a mountain.

Better than the SilkAir one in the 90's though where the captain was apparently having a tiff with the First.Officer (who happened to be his male lover) and DELIBERATELY plunged the plane into the ground. (killing all 100+ on board)

Comment

Thank you I will recommend it to my nosy neighbors

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
              Yes, and I believe you can now board the planes via the traditional stairs at side doors rather than walking up the rear cargo ramp - airborne troups style - as before...

Comment

If Aeroflot doesn't pan out, I'd give this company a try....

Comment

And the flights from Japan tend to leave on schedule as immigration are there seeing off the Russian bar girls...

Comment

Yay it's really sounding good What about the food & drinks?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellzingki View Post
                      Yay it's really sounding good What about the food & drinks?

Vodka and blini (whatever that is). Can't go wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHurry View Post
                        Vodka and blini (whatever that is). Can't go wrong...
                        I think Russian gangsta rappers wear a lot of blini.

Comment

I hate to post a serious reply, but, I flew with Aeroflot from Frankfurt to NRT and return and I cannot say enough good things about them!
                          Service was amazing.
                          I had a very, very tight connection in Moscow (under an hour) and the plane was slightly late landing. This is in mid January. It was -20C in Moscow. They brought a car out to the plane and drove me to my Japan flight. I was not flying business class... I had the cheapest ticket possible!

My only complaint would be that the flight attendants speak very little other than Russian.

Comment

The last time I flew them there was a guy wandering up and down the aisle with an accordion. His wife was following with a tin cup. She had a black eye...
                            The woman beside me had a piglet in her bag. She said "You pretty boy..you no tell person or you no be pretty no more"

Comment

Just make sure to bring some spare clothes in your carry-on. Luggage tends to get delayed, especially if you've to change planes.
                              The prices, service etc are really good though.

Comment

Working...
                              X