X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peach Trees

Wife and I have just inherited about 25 peach trees on elevated land.
    3 of the trees are too big and dont produce any fruit so will need too be removed and
    seedlings planted. The others won't produce anything this year because they haven't been pruned or worked for a few years now
    Due to my wife's grandfather's health.

I have heard it is labour intensive or is that the Japanese term for being a perfectionist?
    Also, does anyone know what kind of yield one could expect from 25+ peach trees.
    The grandfather never sold to JA but all his orders were sold out through word of mouth at a considerable
    higher price than what JA offered other peach growers in the area. The variety and quality is different and going by the product selling, better. Any advice welcome!
    Cheers
    Tsuchi1

Originally posted by tsuchi1 View Post
    Wife and I have just inherited about 25 peach trees on elevated land.
    3 of the trees are too big and dont produce any fruit so will need too be removed and
    seedlings planted. The others won't produce anything this year because they haven't been pruned or worked for a few years now
    Due to my wife's grandfather's health.

I have heard it is labour intensive or is that the Japanese term for being a perfectionist?
    Also, does anyone know what kind of yield one could expect from 25+ peach trees.
    The grandfather never sold to JA but all his orders were sold out through word of mouth at a considerable
    higher price than what JA offered other peach growers in the area. The variety and quality is different and going by the product selling, better. Any advice welcome!
    Cheers
    Tsuchi1
    If you need assistance - or local information, I'd suggest that you investigate "Silver Hakken" - via your ward office, or Hokkenjo, or maybe JA. Silver Hakken is a system of retired people who still want to work some - and will gladly give advice as well as help with the physical side - at a reduced rate.

Comment

Working...
    X