Which Generator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Generator?

Does anyone know of a dual voltage generator? I want to run a 1200w 230v Uk made industrial Vacuum cleaner, outside of course.
    Smaller lightweigt and good price are all points that will make me happy.

I would prefer to purchase a generator rather the a transformer because I will be using it in locations where there may not be power source and those things are do damn expensive so I'm thinking the generator is they way to go but worried about the 230v that's required to power it with Japan tools and appliances being 100v.
    Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Any info would be great,

I know very little about generators so please if you
    Have any experience buying one or recommend one let me know.
    Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by tsuchi1 View Post
      Does anyone know of a dual voltage generator? I want to run a 1200w 230v Uk made industrial Vacuum cleaner, outside of course.
      Smaller lightweigt and good price are all points that will make me happy.

I would prefer to purchase a generator rather the a transformer because I will be using it in locations where there may not be power source and those things are do damn expensive so I'm thinking the generator is they way to go but worried about the 230v that's required to power it with Japan tools and appliances being 100v.
      Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
      I only have a smaller - Suzuki (I believe) generator that produces 100v - but all of the larger (construction site grade) generators should produce 220v plus 100v. This is because the larger arc-welders will all be running on 220. Happy hunting....

Comment

Originally posted by Jolliey
        I have a petrol generator, which, at the time I stored it was working fine. I left it with petrol and oil in it. It was left for a year and now I want to use it again it will not start. I have cleaned the spark plug and checked the air filter. Please suggest me anybody any trick to start ?
        Try this...Remove air filter and anything else that impedes your view of the carburetor opening - and squirt a few drops of gas into the opening. The generator should start on this gas but may quit as soon as it is consumed. Repeat this until it runs on its own gas. Then finally put those parts back. (My guess is that the gas ports are plugged by oil/gas that has dried.) If all else fails - take it to a small motor repair shop (JA, motorcycle, etc. - as they will have carburetor cleaner solvents and high pressure air to clean it out.)

Comment

Check that you have a spark. Take the plug out and lay it on the fins so it makes contact. Pull the starter rope. If you don't see a nice fat blue spark then either the plug is faulty or there a wiring fault or the magneto coil has gone open circuit.

I would ditch the fuel, clean and dry the tank and refill with fresh. Condensation may have contaminated it. Drain the fuel line of old fuel and check the fuel filter isn't clogged. The same goes for a moisture trap if there is one.

If you have good fresh fuel and a good spark at the cylinder it will start. Otherwise it won't.

Comment

Working...
          X