X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the NEKKEI a good investment??

i just wanna know if the nikkei is a good investment??

i know its going up but will it continue (i know no one really knows but...)

how can u buy japanese shares/stock??

I am just thinking given the exchange rate this could be a good investment??

Any thoughts ideas welcome

cheers

Originally posted by von
    i just wanna know if the nikkei is a good investment??

i know its going up but will it continue (i know no one really knows but...)

how can u buy japanese shares/stock??

I am just thinking given the exchange rate this could be a good investment??

Any thoughts ideas welcome

cheers
    The latest analysis I've read (from overseas sources--important since its foreign money that is driving it up) is that the money is here to stay for a while. The American, British and European interests have a lot of money to invest and no where to invest it (all of it), so they feel a run up here will be good to participate in. Then the hope is that once it gets high enough, the Japanese will come back into it. As individual investors, I highly doubt it. Also, the last time I believed info. like this, the Asian Crisis happened (1997-8, and after).

Comment

An ETF, like EWJ, allows you to 'buy the Nikkei'. I did it as soon as I heard the Livedoor news, and it's gone up 4% (from where I bought it) already. There's no reason the Nikkei shouldn't continue going up steadily for the next year or two at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Halliday
        Then the hope is that once it gets high enough, the Japanese will come back into it. As individual investors, I highly doubt it.
        Maybe. Livedoor certainly put a damper on things, but I'm optimistic that individual investing's going to catch on here within the next couple of years. It's a good bet, I think, especially considering the huge amounts of savings the Japanese have on average.

Comment

currently tho many ma and pa investors are putting there money into NZ, aussie and the US coz the int. rates are so good.

what about livedoor good investment now??

Comment

Originally posted by von
            what about livedoor good investment now??
            In all seriousness, yes.

Comment

And right now I would sell and take profits. I'm referring to Livedoor Auto and Livedoor Marketing, of course, as Livedoor can't be traded until later for their hour window.

Let's see:

Livedoor Auto at 10:25 (when I posted) - 142, now 158 -11.2% up

Livedoor Marketing at 10:25 - 550, now 596

and I suspect the main Livedoor will drop a little on opening then raise up after about 10 or fifteen minutes.

Comment

Final answer in 8 minutes on my sell time prediction of 1:30PM - hate that 20 minute delay

Comment

597 and 158.

Comment

Originally posted by steeny
                    and I suspect the main Livedoor will drop a little on opening then raise up after about 10 or fifteen minutes.
                    Livedoor today at 14:14PM (14 minutes after opening) - 100
                    Closed at 15:00 - 108

C'mon von, 8% isn't bad for a day's work.
                    Actually, an hour's work.
                    No, an hour's worth of non-work.

Comment

Ouch - hope you kids sold livedoor marketing when I called it. Now 555.

But I know no one is listening to my advice. You'd be a fool to listen to just anyone on the Internet.

Just entertaining myself because of the sarcasm I read in von's earlier comment.

Comment

steeny

i thought livedoor was at about 80/90 but I dont know which coy ??

i thought there was only one livedoor share to buy???

sorry im a bit slow u know (lived in aussie 2 yrs!!)

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by steeny; 2006-07-27, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Last edited by steeny; 2006-07-27, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steeny
                              Shall I just hijack this thread with stock tips? Or should I use an etrade thread? Anyone interested?
                              I'm using an etrade UK account at the moment for London FTSE listed stocks. My portfolio has risen 14% overall since I started 2 years ago. But I'm an addict to this trading gig, and I'm always online checking stuff whenever I get a chance (which is about 15-20 times a day).

Please start an etrade thread and we can swap info/tips.

PS> I recommend anyone starting out in this game to read through the tutorials provided free at Investopedia.com
                              I started with them and they helped a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X