X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I used my UFJ bank card abroad?

I am leaving Japan in a week and a half and I need to sort out what I'm going to do with my money saved up. I plan to use this money to backpack South Asia for a few months. I was wondering if my UFJ card can be used abroad. That would save me the hassle of buying travelers cheques but I might not be coming back to Japan after so if anything went wrong, my money would be stuck here.

I've been reading a bit of this forum and it seems like a money transfer can be quite troublesome too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-d

Originally posted by dianafromcanada
    I am leaving Japan in a week and a half and I need to sort out what I'm going to do with my money saved up. I plan to use this money to backpack South Asia for a few months. I was wondering if my UFJ card can be used abroad. That would save me the hassle of buying travelers cheques but I might not be coming back to Japan after so if anything went wrong, my money would be stuck here.

I've been reading a bit of this forum and it seems like a money transfer can be quite troublesome too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-d
    No you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by JESUS!LIVES
      No you can't.
      Of course he can. It works just as well as a visa card when you lock yourself out of your own house.
      Just slide it in the gap.
      Sheez you are dumb.

Comment

I think you probably can't, but I don't know for sure. Look on the back of your card and see if its a part of any networks, then use google to look up those networks and see where they are. You are probably ____ out of luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by dianafromcanada

-d

Make sure you have their International ATM card.

Comment

Working...
          X