silver bullion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver bullion

I've found a few online sources for silver coins and ingots, but the prices over spot are ridiculous, and I never get to the city to find a coin shop so,
    found this one but it looks shady, thinking of ordering a single coin as a test, if I lose the 3000yen its not the end of the world.
    http://www.gold-ichiba.com/

look legit?

If you've got time take a look and say what you feel. Thanks, john

I'll take those 40 silent views as an NG. But will try it anyway of course.

Comment

Ah, another "countryside living" dweller with an interest in precious metals!

You're just lucky you weren't called a "stupid troll", the result of my queries here...

Keep me informed of how your transactions go?

I was looking at http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/ which has excellent prices if you plan to order a decent amount (international shipping would kill you for 1 or 2 coins!). However, I have no idea what might happen regarding sales tax and/or customs duties if I got a bunch of stuff sent to my house in Japan, so... I'm thinking about an order from them sent to Australia (where we sensibly have no tax on bullion) and just carry it back with me next time I visit the parents down-under. I have a bit of cash still in A$ and with the current exchange rate purchasing from the US is quite attractive!

e-Bay in Australia is always a possibility for coins too - although I sold more than I bought that way - bidders do get carried away. How does Rakuten or Yahoo auctions here compare? Any PM's available? Worth a look maybe?

Anyway, keep me informed and I'll try to do likewise.

Comment

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the link, good prices there. I'm in the same boat, sitting on some declining USD and will buy a roll or two on my next trip home.

I'll PM you some local sources.

Comment

BOJ just added Trillions more Yen into the system, that is a lot more units of fiat currency chasing the very limited amount of gold and silver bullion available.

There is a good place in Kada one stop away from Akiba, I think they are the best place in Tokyo to go and buy real silver bullion.
          Last edited by InitialD; 2011-03-14, 08:27 PM.

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

Silver bullion

I've bought with them before, and everything went well, seems they also sell online at yahoo Japan, they have the lowest price above spot for silver in Japan.

Originally posted by johnElarue View Post
              I've found a few online sources for silver coins and ingots, but the prices over spot are ridiculous, and I never get to the city to find a coin shop so,
              found this one but it looks shady, thinking of ordering a single coin as a test, if I lose the 3000yen its not the end of the world.
              http://www.gold-ichiba.com/

look legit?

If you've got time take a look and say what you feel. Thanks, john

Comment

if you're serious about silver as a physical investment you may be better off contacting a jewelry supplier and asking them for raw silver - they'll have it in sterling and pure quantities. you can then melt it down yourself into ingots or you can ask a jeweler to do it for you for a fairly cheap price.

careful or you might get bit by the jewelry bug. i started out doing the same thing as you and wound up making a business out of handmade silver accessories.. bleh

Comment

Silver bullion in Japan

Buying silver coins, government minted, even though I pay a bit more for the fabrication of the coin, gives me greater flexibility in my liquidating options in the future, they are globally recognized, their purity unquestioned. And as in 2008, and most recently in early 2011, the premium can also be got back in times of great demand, which I expect in the near future. I'd go with small denominations (1 oz) any day over raw silver.

Comment

You`ve missed the boat

The silver coin dealers/shops have all increased their prices over the last few months in Osaka.

Your last chance is to buy pre 1964 junk silver USA coins, go to flea markets. You can haggle and and pick up a few bargains. Never buy a coin unless you know exactly what it is. Word of warning - lots of fake made in China old Japanese coins knocking about.

Comment

Silver changed my life.
                      But I was into it before now.
                      Thank you silver.
                      I love you.
                      xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

When silver was merely in the mid-20's a friend of mine sold his father's silver service cutlery set and got 6000 dollars!
                        Holy cow!
                        Picked up a fork at a jumble sale in Mexico a few months ago - silver - bought for 50 cents, worth 30 bucks.
                        More now.

Comment

Working...
                        X