X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Rogers - Investing in Japan for the short term

In case anyone is interested, Jim Rogers - a very savvy guy - has set his sights on Japan. Pity he did not get in when the yen was a bit weaker.

http://jimrogers1.blogspot.com/2011/...TBhdymo.pingfm

Originally posted by rainbowtokyo;1 Pity he did not get in when the yen was a bit weaker.

[url
    http://jimrogers1.blogspot.com/2011/12/jim-rogers-bullish-on-japanese-stocks.html#.TuTTTBhdymo.pingfm[/url]
    Proof that he is not so darn savvy, coming in a dollar short and several weeks late!

Comment

Rogers seems to have a view about everything. But he holds his own cars pretty close to his chest. To be honest I don't know what he is doing with his own money. I sometimes trawl through Form 4 filings at the SEC and very little comes up with his name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
        ..... To be honest I don't know what he is doing with his own money. ..

two words.... Dim Sim!! nuff said!

Comment

Rogers seems to have a view about everything. But he holds his own cars pretty close to his chest. To be honest I don't know what he is doing with his own money. I sometimes trawl through Form 4 filings at the SEC and very little comes up with his name on it.
          That alone should raise some flags about this guy Rogers! Now is not the time to be investing on Japanese stocks. A couple of years ago would have been the time but right(like the day after) after the Tsunami and Fukushima was the time to start bailing. Check back in about a year. Rogers had his head up hos butt.and a smart investor should not invest or go just by his/or anyone`s blog.
          Last edited by BackDoor_Man; 2011-12-12, 05:39 PM.

Comment

He loves China, and Japan more than the USA.

But he loves silver and gold bullion even more.

Comment

... Jim Rogers - a very savvy guy - has set his sights on Japan. Pity he did not get in when the yen was a bit weaker.
              Not so "savvy" then...

"Complete tosser" might be a more appropriate term...
              Last edited by ksnasi lurker; 2012-03-05, 04:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by ksnasi lurker View Post
                Not so "savvy" then...

"Complete tosser" might be a more appropriate term...
                I'm awfully sorry, everyone. I think I may have misled you all.

I hadn't read his web-site fully. Now I have.

'Rogers' isn's a complete tosser at all. He's the ultimate tosser... Apologies, all...

Comment

A billionare tosser then, I would say given his success worth listening to.

Comment

Originally posted by ksnasi lurker View Post
                    I'm awfully sorry, everyone. I think I may have misled you all.

I hadn't read his web-site fully. Now I have.

'Rogers' isn's a complete tosser at all. He's the ultimate tosser... Apologies, all...
                    He seems to be dissing japan in the long run. Like everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                    X