What is s稅 \?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is s稅 \?

Hi everybody! This is my first time posting. I have a question about s稅 \. I received a letter from my ward office two weeks ago and it is about s稅 \. I went to the ward office last week and asked them about it. They said that I need 򒥎[ to show them how much I make last year and then decide if I have to pay or not. I have no idea what s稅 \ is. Do I need to pay them every year? What is it for? Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

It means residential tax. If they say you have to pay, then you have to pay. Just take in the witholding tax slip (򒥎[) like they said and let them figure out what you need to do.

Comment

Something on the subject:
      Teacher outfoxes board, exposes bid to fleece JETs

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl20120228a1.html

Comment

Thanks Andun!

I just read the article above but I didn't really get it. I don't work for JET and I don't teach but I am an american. If I leave Japan in a few years, can I get the tax money back from the ward office? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shhk88 View Post
          I just read the article above but I didn't really get it. I don't work for JET and I don't teach but I am an american. If I leave Japan in a few years, can I get the tax money back from the ward office? Thanks!
          You can't get any tax money back, but you can get your pension money back by applying for it through the ward office.

Comment

As a side note, it's s not s稅 (I'm thinking the last character is simplified Chinese)

Comment

Thanks again Andun!!

I gotta go to the ward office this week to take care of this. @Effected After, you are right because I used the Pad to write the kanji

Comment

Working...
              X