Online investing in Japan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online investing in Japan.

Last month I signed up an account with rakuten securities, all of that went smoothly, but when I look at actually buying stocks, it seems like it is only possible to do at a minimum of 100 shares per trade. So I have a few questions:

Is this a rakuten sec. thing? Something related to the specific stocks I looked at (I looked at a few)? Or is this some standard thing for stocks in Japan? If it is a rakuten thing, I would love a suggestion on a different online securities company to use. I know of a few others, but I would rather get a good opinion before filling out all the paperwork again.

Originally posted by syntoad View Post
    Last month I signed up an account with rakuten securities, all of that went smoothly, but when I look at actually buying stocks, it seems like it is only possible to do at a minimum of 100 shares per trade. So I have a few questions:

Is this a rakuten sec. thing? Something related to the specific stocks I looked at (I looked at a few)? Or is this some standard thing for stocks in Japan? If it is a rakuten thing, I would love a suggestion on a different online securities company to use. I know of a few others, but I would rather get a good opinion before filling out all the paperwork again.
    Explanation here:
    http://www.tse.or.jp/english/faq/list/trading/t_e.html

Choose lot size and search to get a list:
    http://www.tse.or.jp/tseHpFront/HPLC...&callJorEFlg=1

Comment

Hi there, I did not read the post itself but the fact that they want you to buy 100 is normal. You have to buy them in bundles of 100, I think rather than stock trading, you are after mutual funds or ETFs. With these you can buy a lesser amount than 100 at a time because the company pools money from many people and invest it and assign you the value of shares coresponding to your percentage of money put in. Try these. If you are starting out it is better because there will be a manager assigned to the fund and it is normally very diversified investments. Note that there may be a minumum investment amount and be sure to check the monthly management fees.

Post your results if you get something.

Comment

Working...
      X