Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

Do tax offices NOT communicate with each other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do tax offices NOT communicate with each other?

I moved from Saitama to Chiba about a year ago. Due to a situation at home, I was not able to pay the taxes in Saitama. I went to the Chiba tax office and explained the situation. (I have a dependent). They told me that the tax forms I had were from Saitama, but I could take care of them in Chiba. Originally, I had asked for the payments to be split, but they actually reduced the payments. I have been paying off my Saitama taxes, but I STILL get payment notices from Saitama.

Do tax offices just NOT tell each other that a resident is paying taxes in another prefecture?

Originally posted by honey View Post
    I moved from Saitama to Chiba about a year ago. Due to a situation at home, I was not able to pay the taxes in Saitama. I went to the Chiba tax office and explained the situation. (I have a dependent). They told me that the tax forms I had were from Saitama, but I could take care of them in Chiba. Originally, I had asked for the payments to be split, but they actually reduced the payments. I have been paying off my Saitama taxes, but I STILL get payment notices from Saitama.

Do tax offices just NOT tell each other that a resident is paying taxes in another prefecture?
    I'd take your new Saitama invoices to your Chiba tax office - and ask that they give you advice - so that you do not over-pay, or under-pay.

Comment

Originally posted by honey View Post

It is not just the Tax offices that do not communicate with each other, but every Prefecture government office, Tokyo's Ward offices and up to the National Government Ministries! They are really protective about their little kingdoms!

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
        It is not just the Tax offices that do not communicate with each other, but every Prefecture government office, Tokyo's Ward offices and up to the National Government Ministries! They are really protective about their little kingdoms!
        Yeah, interesting how fast they find your bank account when you don't pay, but when you are doing the right thing, suddenly, they have no idea where you went. I recently had the pleasure just today of how two people working in the same section of the same government office not knowing that the hell is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
          Maybe Japan needs even more politicans and bureaucrats....

Comment

Working...
          X