X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Transfer Slip?

Has anyone had to fill one of these out? A school is requesting I send them money from Canada via this form, to be filled out at post office or bank, but both places are kind of clueless as to how to go about processing it (so am I!). I filled it out (the whited out portions) and I think some portions of it are to be stamped by the bank or post, but i'm pretty lost as to the process of it or what to tell the bank or post office.

Any help would be appreciated!

Originally posted by 1118181 View Post
    Has anyone had to fill one of these out? A school is requesting I send them money from Canada via this form, to be filled out at post office or bank, but both places are kind of clueless as to how to go about processing it (so am I!). I filled it out (the whited out portions) and I think some portions of it are to be stamped by the bank or post, but i'm pretty lost as to the process of it or what to tell the bank or post office.

Any help would be appreciated!
    You mean you're trying to use this at a Canadian Post Office? Not sure how that can work. I think that form is to be used at a domestic Japanese bank

Just ask the school for their banking details and do a wire transfer.
    Last edited by iago; 2012-07-05, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Yeah I suppose I'll call them again to see if that's an option. They requested the rightmost part of the slip, which is apparently a receipt of payment, to be mailed in with other documents, which is why I thought it was the only method, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by 1118181 View Post
        Yeah I suppose I'll call them again to see if that's an option. They requested the rightmost part of the slip, which is apparently a receipt of payment, to be mailed in with other documents, which is why I thought it was the only method, but we'll see.
        Still not clear - but if you are trying to use that in Canada, i'm not too surprised they don't know what to do with it.

Comment

Working...
        X