Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top

Top Module
Collapse

which business?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • which business?

    I am Tino from Germany. I don't earn much money with teaching german. Do you have any idea what i could do in the future. my japanese knowledge is not perfect but its good.

    I wish to have my own business, but i have no idea what i should do. I live in Fukuoka. Here are not many foreigners like in Tokyo. And here are only very few Germans. Do I have a special chance?

    Should i import or export articles?

    Thanks for your advice.


    Tino

  • #2
    What do you like to do besides teaching German?
    What other skills do you have?
    What are you interested in?
    Where would you like to be in 3/ 5/ 10 years time?
    Do you have family here? If so, what do they do?

    Help us help you......

    Comment


    • #3
      ...

      What do you like to do besides teaching German?
      At the moment i work in a cafe/restaurant. i am waiter.
      But i don't want to do this work. Maybe i want to import products from germany or maybe i could work as a interpreter in the future. i have no real idea. this is the reason why i post here.

      What other skills do you have?
      I worked 5 years as a fitter.
      and i can speak german, english and japanese (not very good, but i work hard).

      What are you interested in?
      ... i have no special interest. i am interessted in many different things.

      Where would you like to be in 3/ 5/ 10 years time?
      i want to stay here in fukuoka.

      Do you have family here? If so, what do they do?
      I live together with my japanese girlfriend. she sell cosmetics.

      Any idea what i could do?
      Is it a good idea to open a shop or is it better to work as an interpreter (i think i need 2 years more studying) ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tino from germany
        What do you like to do besides teaching German?
        At the moment i work in a cafe/restaurant. i am waiter.
        But i don't want to do this work. Maybe i want to import products from germany or maybe i could work as a interpreter in the future. i have no real idea. this is the reason why i post here.
        I dont know anything about this but my guess is you would have to do market research find out what people are willing to buy. Where will you sell products. How will you import, store and distribute them? How do you know there is a demand for German products? Do you need an import licence?


        and i can speak german, english and japanese (not very good, but i work hard).
        Dont want to burst your bubble but to be an interpreter you not only need to know Japanese you need to have specialised knowledge e.g. a court interpreter needs to know legal terms and understand what is going on in a court case. Speed and accuracy are important too.Japanese by itself is no good if you have no knowledge of the subject matter.

        Learn japanese first and then think about what you can do with it and perhaps develop some technical skills.


        Where would you like to be in 3/ 5/ 10 years time?
        i want to stay here in fukuoka.
        On what visa, doing what? Again you need to have skills that you can offer people. people only pay you for things that Japanese can not do. You must be able to service a need somehow.


        Do you have family here? If so, what do they do?
        I live together with my japanese girlfriend. she sell cosmetics.
        a girlfriend is not family unless you got married and needed a spouse visa.

        Any idea what i could do?
        Is it a good idea to open a shop or is it better to work as an interpreter (i think i need 2 years more studying) ?
        No idea. German cooking, sauerkrauts? Bratworst?

        Comment


        • #5
          I think you need at least 3 million yen to open your own business. Trip Hop runs her own business, so perhaps she can tell you what is involved in getting yourself set up.

          What sort of visa do you have now that permits you to work, and when does it expire?

          Do you have any kind of college degree?

          What are you interested in?
          ... i have no special interest. i am interessted in many different things.
          You will need more than market research. You need a lot of introspective thinking. Dwell on this a long time and think what your skills are and your potential. Couple that with some specific liking and see what sort of job you can come up with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fyi

            Originally posted by Glenski
            I think you need at least 3 million yen to open your own business.
            now you don't need 3 million yen to start own business as a form of LLP, and next year all minimum capitalization requirement will be waived under revised company act. we have talked about that in the other thread below. it may help...
            http://www.gaijinpot.com/bb/showthread.php?t=13172

            Comment


            • #7
              Brewing??

              Tino,
              Have you ever given thought to the brewing industry in Japan? Even though Japanese beer is good, German beer is still better.

              Comment


              • #8
                @glenski

                i didn't go to university. i have no degree.

                in the moment i have the working-holiday-visa. it expires in december.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tino from germany
                  i didn't go to university. i have no degree.

                  in the moment i have the working-holiday-visa. it expires in december.

                  Well I guess you will have to marry the girlfriend and get a spouse visa if you want to stay here. Not many options without a visa here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CuriousII
                    Tino,
                    Have you ever given thought to the brewing industry in Japan? Even though Japanese beer is good, German beer is still better.
                    Actually Japanese copied the European brewing techniques more than a century ago. So the beer brewed in Japan is very similar to European beer, including German beer.

                    Have you tried Kirin larger from the tap? I enjoy a couple of beers now and again and up until this point I have not tasted a better beer. And I have tasted a few.
                    Try it, you may be surprised.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Beer

                      A few years ago in Yokohama, I remember trying a microbrew called something like Hidemi or Hideki. It was the best beer I've ever had, and I spent a number of years in Germany drinking only the best.

                      Yes, I've had the Kirin and Sapporo, etc. They are all good. But if you know what you're doing, you can brew an even better beer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CuriousII
                        A few years ago in Yokohama, I remember trying a microbrew called something like Hidemi or Hideki. It was the best beer I've ever had, and I spent a number of years in Germany drinking only the best.

                        Yes, I've had the Kirin and Sapporo, etc. They are all good. But if you know what you're doing, you can brew an even better beer.
                        OH really!? Will you be kind enough to instruct us how to make a better beer that Kirin lager or Sapporo? (upon which personally doesn't do a lot for me). i.e. Sapporo that is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tino from germany
                          Do you have any idea what i could do in the future. my japanese knowledge is not perfect but its good.

                          I wish to have my own business, but i have no idea what i should do. . Do I have a special chance?
                          Thanks for your advice.
                          Tino
                          I see you work in a cafe/restaurant.

                          I have a German friend in Osaka who open his own sausage restaurant there . This guy could not fry an egg or earn a crust in Japan 25 years ago , he had to do something. Now he is quite successful manufacturing his brand of sausage.I have approached him to market his product on the net to foreigners in Japan but he is not interested.

                          just a thought.
                          Last edited by Andi in Saitama; 2005-08-19, 12:26 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Andi in Saitama
                            I see you work in a cafe/restaurant.

                            I have a German friend in Osaka who open his own sausage restaurant there . This guy could not fry an egg or earn a crust in Japan 25 years ago , he had to do something. Now he is quite successful manufacturing his brand of sausage.I have approached him to market his product on the net to foreigners in Japan but he is not interested.

                            just a thought.
                            I think German sauages, cold cuts, pate's etc would do very well in Japan!
                            However, that being said, I believe it would be a rather difficult business to undertake.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MarvinS

                              what's difficult about buying a mix/mincing/machine from The Joyful Honda DIY center for 40,000 yen top of the range stainless machines, running up a batch of sausage and inviting a few people over to criticize a recipe. What's difficult about about buying a smoker machine for 10,000 yen and smoking a batch of sausage ?

                              What's difficult ?
                              What's difficult ?
                              What's difficult ?

                              Tino is asking for ideas , can you help out with some of your ideas . Master minding an idea, who knows Tino could offer you a job.

                              peace.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X