Temple University Reputation/Ranking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple University Reputation/Ranking

I'm thinking about applying to Temple for the MA Ed./TESOL program, and I'd like to get a better sense of the quality and reputation of the school. I can't seem to find any reliable sources online that detail its ranking and student life- I know there have been some subjective views expressed in the forum about the MBA program, but I was wondering if anyone can direct me to some sort of published information regarding its ratings/reputation and such.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me what the BA Program is like, as well? Student life in general? Pros and cons? Thanks.

Tuj

I am assuming you are talking about the TUJ program. I am attending TUJ for at least the current spring semester if not longer. I am waiting on a credit audit. I am not sure what there reputation is for and MBA but I know there business program is growing. I am thinking of transferring here from USF in Tampa FL. This coming fall they will be offering a full fledged BA in Business (before they only offered a minor) I also like how small it is here. Right now it only consists of two buildings with most of my classes being only about 40 students and the Dean teaching my fundamentals of Asian Business class.
    Itfs a nice relaxed atmosphere and itfs nice to know if you have a problem you can just go ask someone and not have to wait a week for a response. Also I like the fact the dean stated in my class there is a 90% hire rate from TUJ graduates and I remember on the website it saying you have life long access to the career services from Temple. Also you can transfer your credits where ever you wish. They just got recognized at a foreign university in Japan so their credits will transfer within the US and Japan education system.
    Student life seems to be relaxed most people come in study in the library hang out in the gcafeteriah then go out after or if you like me go home to a home stay and then usually go out and explore Tokyo on the weekends. Also you will hear mostly Japanese from students and English from staffs. You sometimes forget youfre in Tokyo when you study in the library until someone starts up a conversation in Japanese. Also the school clubs start up sometime in the next two weeks but there are a decent amount of school sponsored activities to keep most busy or you can always start your own club. Though since I am with the study abroad program we have much more structured activities than most.

Comment

Originally posted by rattengift
      I'm thinking about applying to Temple for the MA Ed./TESOL program, and I'd like to get a better sense of the quality and reputation of the school. I can't seem to find any reliable sources online that detail its ranking and student life- I know there have been some subjective views expressed in the forum about the MBA program, but I was wondering if anyone can direct me to some sort of published information regarding its ratings/reputation and such.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me what the BA Program is like, as well? Student life in general? Pros and cons? Thanks.

I am a graduate of the Temple MEd program in Osaka.
      I've written about it here

http://www.teachinginjapan.com/continuinged.html

Comment

In Japan, it won't matter where your MBA is from essentially.

You'll be an MBA holder vs. a non-MBA holder.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus.!
          You'll be an MBA holder vs. a non-MBA holder.
          Which one are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Varus
            Which one are you?
            I didn't earn an MBA from Temple.

Comment

I didn't earn an MBA from Temple.
              I don't know about that!
              The whole caper before Xmas of Captain Jesus/America the MBA, M Ed, M Law, retaurant owner, school owner, realtor and landlord was worthy of any MBA - Master Bullsh1tter of America.
              You're a character and half, that's for sure.

Comment

This is Captain America Speaking

Originally posted by Varus
                I don't know about that!
                The whole caper before Xmas of Captain Jesus/America the MBA, M Ed, M Law, retaurant owner, school owner, realtor and landlord was worthy of any MBA - Master Bullsh1tter of America.
                You're a character and half, that's for sure.
                Oh--ok, I'm lying---then. I don't have an MBA from Temple. Does that mean I do in your mind?

Dude, come on--I think you wore out your noggin' scheming up that whole "Went to Thailand on a whim" escapade.

Comment

Oh--ok, I'm lying---then. I don't have an MBA from Temple. Does that mean I do in your mind?.
                  How is Captain America?

Dude, come on--I think you wore out your noggin' scheming up that whole "Went to Thailand on a whim" escapade.
                  Nah,
                  Never been to Thailand it was complete photoshop job!!!!
                  Thinking of doing another on the whim journey. 2 months and counting down I might as well take advantage of free flights and Asia.
                  I'm thinking of giving in my notice tomorrow. Just can't get back into teaching. They'll have no problems finding a replacement - extra hours for another P-timer.
                  How's the restaurant business, these days?

Comment

Working...
                  X