Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top

Collapse

Finance Job's In Japan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finance Job's In Japan

    What are the chances of securing a decent finance job paying 8 million + yen per year with all of the below.

    JLPT N1
    CFP (certified Financial Planner)
    3 years experience in the field of FP
    spouse visa in Japan.

    Good chance?, or hard to get job? as most of the other posts on these forums seem to say.

  • #2
    Not sure about the situation in Osaka, but if you have passed JLPT 1 (and can converse fluently in Japanese) and have a spousal visa, you should be able to find something if you give yourself a few months and are already in Japan.

    Don't limit yourself to headhunters and try to network as much as possible (contact alumni who are in Japan, see if there are events with your Chamber of Commerce, etc).

    Good luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey, nah I havn't passed all of that yet. Still going to take a few more years before I have all of the above. But im just interested to know. I wouldnt mind working for a few years in Japan in my related discipline but if the salary is less than 8 Million yen its not really worth it. As with a CFP and 3 years experience theres quite a lot of jobs in Australia with 80k AUD salary's. CFP work with a good firm around 80-150k. Anyway I guess only way to find out is to give a go in a few years time. I have no intention of living long term in Japan but a few years wouldn't hurt.

      Thanks for the info though much appreciated.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shigusan View Post
        What are the chances of securing a decent finance job paying 8 million + yen per year with all of the below.

        JLPT N1
        CFP (certified Financial Planner)
        3 years experience in the field of FP
        spouse visa in Japan.

        Good chance?, or hard to get job? as most of the other posts on these forums seem to say.

        seeing as you are so special, doors should open wide just for you!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
          seeing as you are so special, doors should open wide just for you!
          who said I was 'so special' :P im assuming your refering to my comment 'as most of the other posts on these forums seem to say.'. However the other posts always get replies such as "no fluent japanese then no chance", "get certification will make things easier for you", "living in japan already will be easier" such and such. "what have you got to offer that a Japanese person doesnt already have" - thus I merely showed what I'm aiming for.

          No matter, I was expecting some pretty hardcore sarcasm when posting this :-P

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shigusan View Post
            who said I was 'so special' :P im assuming your refering to my comment 'as most of the other posts on these forums seem to say.'. However the other posts always get replies such as "no fluent japanese then no chance", "get certification will make things easier for you", "living in japan already will be easier" such and such. "what have you got to offer that a Japanese person doesnt already have" - thus I merely showed what I'm aiming for.

            No matter, I was expecting some pretty hardcore sarcasm when posting this :-P
            I hope I have exceeded your expectations!

            Comment


            • #7
              haha not really i was expecting atleast alot more people to have plenty witty comments. But guess all those trollers seem to have left GP or have stopped trolling for the time being. What can you do :P

              Comment


              • #8
                I think people are tired of seeing the same type of post again and again, and are out of comments. They've said it all. And they cannot predict the future.

                Try some other sites dedicated to financial animals such as the banker's ball, which are replete with witty repartee, caustic criticism, and virtually no smatterings of jealousy, as they all chase massive bonuses and benefits, or at least a share of the pie, or maybe that should be trough?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I guess what im really interested in, is in the last 24 months or so. If anyone has actually landed themselves a job in this industry. Of atleast know of someone who has. And exactly if it was an epic mission or only somewhat difficulty. While I have gone back and read most of the witty comments and advice from all GP threads, I didn't actually find anyone giving first hand advice thats relevant in the last two years. I havn't done a full thorough search though, just scanned the surface using the search function.

                  So this leads me to believe that

                  a) it is indeed incredibly difficult to get a job in this industry in Japan at the present time or
                  b) there are not a lot of finance specialists on Gaijinpot who have had to get themselves a new job within the last 24 months.

                  Either way it doesnt look that great in terms of if I wish to be a prospective employee for a Japanese firm. Its probably better I use my skills I gain in Australia. Anyway we'll see how I go.

                  Thanks for your inputs though. Witty or not :P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    why not just take "NO" for an answer, and go back to kangaroo jacking.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
                      why not just take "NO" for an answer, and go back to kangaroo jacking.
                      Thanks for your very useful input. :-P

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shigusan View Post
                        ... I have no intention of living long term in Japan but a few years wouldn't hurt.....
                        you would not be hired in Japan for this reason.

                        if you can get an (Aussie) bank to transfer you here temporarily, then you would be good to go.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks for actually providing something objective. How long do the Japanese company's actually expect you to work for them. I mean assuming I plan to spend a good 5 years working for one, is this deemed 'too short'?. I know obviously I would need to commit a significantly longer amount of time than a simple 1 year contract with an ecc school, considering additional training and the requirements for the finance industry in Japan.

                          How long are the actual contracts working for these financial firms in Japan?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Chances are reasonable I would say that you could get that kind of money.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shigusan View Post
                              What are the chances of securing a decent finance job paying 8 million + yen per year with all of the below.

                              JLPT N1
                              CFP (certified Financial Planner)
                              3 years experience in the field of FP
                              spouse visa in Japan.

                              Good chance?, or hard to get job? as most of the other posts on these forums seem to say.
                              The only way to find out for sure is to try. Plenty have been said in previous posts about this. Everyone is different and just because lots of people say it's hard, doesn't mean it will be hard for you.

                              Dress well, be professional and good luck.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X