Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Module
Collapse

Going to be completly honest here and need anyones help really.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be completly honest here and need anyones help really.

hello pretty new to this names chris i am 21 years old have a lovly wife and a 8 week old son! we have wanted to move to japan for 4 years now and we feel we are ready now
    i have apllied for countless jobs... days on end for a few weeks dont think anything is working
    i have finished high school i do not have a degree but i have 3 years teaching experince and chef expreince as i use to work in those areas...

my partner got a job offer as a tattoo artist but they do not support sponsorship so

if anyone knows of any job for me to get so i can take my family will be great! but also i was thinking would this work

if my partner got a working holiday visa... and worked there and then me and my son got a 90 day tourist visa and if i applied for jobs there and if i got one (sponsorship) change my visa to a work visa to keep my son and partner there?
    because i reckon i have more luck if i live in japan

really need thoughts and opions anything will help

thank you again
    Last edited by chriswhite; 2011-12-12, 04:07 PM.

Originally posted by chriswhite View Post
    if my partner got a working visa... and worked there and then me and my son got a 90 day tourist visa and if i applied for jobs there and if i got one (sponsorship) change my visa to a work visa to keep my son and partner there?
    because i reckon i have more luck if i live in japan

really need thoughts and opions anything will help

thank you again
    with no degree you wont get a work visa (doing what by the way?) and you need a sponsor as well.

You can get a dependent visa that allows you to work up to 20 hours a week.

If you are a chef try contacting hotels. Hyatt, Ritz Carlton etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
      with no degree you wont get a work visa (doing what by the way?) and you need a sponsor as well.

You can get a dependent visa that allows you to work up to 20 hours a week.

If you are a chef try contacting hotels. Hyatt, Ritz Carlton etc.

how can i get a dependent visa? i also need to take my wife and son with me as well... dont you need someone on a work visa to get a dependant visa?

Comment

how can i get a dependent visa? i also need to take my wife and son with me as well... dont you need someone on a work visa to get a dependant visa?
        One of you has to be on a sponsored work visa. If wife gets a work visa she can sponsor your dependent visa.

If you have 3 years teaching experience you can apply for a Humanities visa in lieu of a degree. All you need to do is convince an employer to sponsor you. Most now want you to be sponsored already, have a valid visa rather than sponsor you from scratch.

BTW which country are you from. How about a Working Holiday visa?
        Last edited by KansaiBen; 2011-12-12, 04:18 PM.

Comment

One of you has to be on a sponsored work visa. If wife gets a work visa she can sponsor your dependent visa.

If you have 3 years teaching experience you can apply for a Humanities visa in lieu of a degree. All you need to do is convince an employer to sponsor you. Most now want you to be sponsored already, have a valid visa rather than sponsor you from scratch.

understandable but the job offer my wife has dont do sponsorship so she has to go there on a WORK HOLIDAY VISA and you can not class a infant as a dependant on that visa so the only thing i can think of is if she gets on that she can stay there for 6 months
          and if me and my son get a tourist visa i can apply for a sponsorship there? also how do i prove i have been a teacher assistant? how do i prove i have been a chef for 2 years?

is there any links you can give me that will maybe consider me a job without a degree??

also say if someone wants to hire me as a teacher and i dont need a degree for it and they say i will sponsor you will i still be able to get a working visa even though i dont have a degree but have a sponsor?

sorry for all the questions!

Comment

Why do you want to move to Japan with an 8-week-old baby? Day care is really, really difficult to get here and if you don't speak much of the language I think you will have issues with this.

Comment

understandable but the job offer my wife has dont do sponsorship so she has to go there on a WORK HOLIDAY VISA and you can not class a infant as a dependant on that visa so the only thing i can think of is if she gets on that she can stay there for 6 months
              and if me and my son get a tourist visa i can apply for a sponsorship there? also how do i prove i have been a teacher assistant? how do i prove i have been a chef for 2 years?

is there any links you can give me that will maybe consider me a job without a degree??

also say if someone wants to hire me as a teacher and i dont need a degree for it and they say i will sponsor you will i still be able to get a working visa even though i dont have a degree but have a sponsor?

sorry for all the questions!
              I dont see how a woman with an 8 week old baby can possibly go out and look for a full time job. What are you going to do with it while she is out working? Who will look after it?

You can only get sponsorship (by your employer) for your visa issued by immigration. Immigration requires you have a visa and employers only do what immigration says. If you have no degree and its required for your visa then no one will sponsor you much less return your calls. They cant hire you even if they want to as you have no legal right to work here. Same as in any country. Immigration is in bed with you when it comes to finding jobs here.

Not only that employers are wary of taking on someone who has dependents as company apartments are for employees only, not hangers-on. To an employer your wife and kid are dead weight and they are not going to provide housing for people not working at your company.

Comment

I dont see how a woman with an 8 week old baby can possibly go out and look for a full time job. What are you going to do with it while she is out working? Who will look after it?

You can only get sponsorship (by your employer) for your visa issued by immigration. Immigration requires you have a visa and employers only do what immigration says. If you have no degree and its required for your visa then no one will sponsor you much less return your calls. They cant hire you even if they want to as you have no legal right to work here. Same as in any country. Immigration is in bed with you when it comes to finding jobs here.

Not only that employers are wary of taking on someone who has dependents as company apartments are for employees only, not hangers-on. To an employer your wife and kid are dead weight and they are not going to provide housing for people not working at your company.
                fair enough that makes complete sense welli have one more option to ask for..

if i (husband) was to get a working holiday visa and i heard you can extend it to 1 year of i am correct? and my partner was to get a working holiday visa as well which would support our son to come up as a dependant visa
                would that be possible?
                or how would i go about applying for a student visa for myself and my partner a working holiday visa?
                can i learn japanese in japan with a student visa what are the requirements ? is it for a year?

Comment

fair enough that makes complete sense welli have one more option to ask for..

if i (husband) was to get a working holiday visa and i heard you can extend it to 1 year of i am correct? and my partner was to get a working holiday visa as well which would support our son to come up as a dependant visa
                  would that be possible?
                  or how would i go about applying for a student visa for myself and my partner a working holiday visa?
                  can i learn japanese in japan with a student visa what are the requirements ? is it for a year?
                  Looks like you are throwing mud at walls now.

1. Go to your consulate and see whether people with dependents can apply for Working Holiday. That still doesnt address the question of whether anyone will hire you. WHV is for six months, usually extended once.

If you have an eight week old baby one of you will have to stay home and take care of it, work in shifts. About the youngest age that a nursery will take kids is about 6 months.

Student visa you need to be accepted by a school for full time study, have them sponsor your visa. You need to prove you have enough funds to support yourself paid in advance before they will issue a student visa.

Comment

Looks like you are throwing mud at walls now.

1. Go to your consulate and see whether people with dependents can apply for Working Holiday. That still doesnt address the question of whether anyone will hire you. WHV is for six months, usually extended once.

If you have an eight week old baby one of you will have to stay home and take care of it, work in shifts. About the youngest age that a nursery will take kids is about 6 months.

Student visa you need to be accepted by a school for full time study, have them sponsor your visa. You need to prove you have enough funds to support yourself paid in advance before they will issue a student visa.
                    yeh i think your right i am pushing it. well i think we have decided on this to be honest but need another bit of help my partner wants to get a working holiday visa to work at her tattoo job offer there for 6 months and im going to get a dependant visa from her and for my son to stay for 6 months then come back to australia.

also is 12,000$ AU so about 110,000 YEN not including rent how much would that support us for? roughly? she gets paid 18,000 yen a week as well but how long not including rent would 110,000 YEN last

Comment

You kidding? 110,000y? Two adults and an infant? I'd say that lasts for 4 weeks tops. And that's a huge stretch considering you are not in the country yet.

Edit: Wait a second.........
                      Last edited by Trichophyton-in-my-pants; 2011-12-12, 07:37 PM.

Comment

And you'll be needing insurance...That's for sure...
                        I would wait a year or 2, get your prospects in better shape and then give it a shot...
                        It will be REALLY difficult....
                        Where would you live while you find an apartment? A hotel?

How do you have 3 years teaching experience being aged 21? and without a degree?

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
                          You kidding? 110,000y? Two adults and an infant? I'd say that lasts for 4 weeks tops. And that's a huge stretch considering you are not in the country yet.

Edit: Wait a second.........
                          ive been to japan 6 times just wanted someone elses opnion infants cost nothing... <2 years there normally free for everything. so pretty much me and my partner 4 weeks? for food and travel ? we arnt site seeing. i think maybe 8 weeks?

Comment

yeh i think your right i am pushing it. well i think we have decided on this to be honest but need another bit of help my partner wants to get a working holiday visa to work at her tattoo job offer there for 6 months and im going to get a dependant visa from her and for my son to stay for 6 months then come back to australia.

also is 12,000$ AU so about 110,000 YEN not including rent how much would that support us for? roughly? she gets paid 18,000 yen a week as well but how long not including rent would 110,000 YEN last

more like $1200, not $12,000 and average salary of a language teacher is about 250,000 yen/month and you can hardly break even on that salary.

You are going to need to rent a place and the landlord will want a guarantor (usually an employer) which means you need to have a job... Key money will set you back 4-5 months rent before you move in. 18,000 barely covers my electricity bill each month.

Exactly how much do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
                              And you'll be needing insurance...That's for sure...
                              I would wait a year or 2, get your prospects in better shape and then give it a shot...
                              It will be REALLY difficult....
                              Where would you live while you find an apartment? A hotel?
                              my sister has lived in jaapn for 3 years we normally live with her while finding places to stay or sometimes live with her hence why i said dw about rent pricing.

Comment

Working...
                              X