Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissho Boki Level 2

Hey Guys,

I am required to take the nissho boki 2 kyu exam in Japan for my job. I must pass it by the end of the year. That said, however, I'm not sure if my Japanese reading ability is good enough to pass, since I can only read about 1000 kanji. As such, do you guys know if there is an English version of the exam that I can take? If so, where can I sign up for it? If not, do you have any recommendations on how to prepare for the exam in Japanese? Right now, I'm more worried about first being able to read and understand what the questions are asking, rather than the actual accounting/financial knowledge required (since I've worked in the financial industry for some time now, the required accounting skills aren't as concerning to me. I'm more worried about the Japanese language rather than the content).

Any suggestions or advice that you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by aznkrnboi View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am required to take the nissho boki 2 kyu exam in Japan for my job. I must pass it by the end of the year. That said, however, I'm not sure if my Japanese reading ability is good enough to pass, since I can only read about 1000 kanji. As such, do you guys know if there is an English version of the exam that I can take? If so, where can I sign up for it? If not, do you have any recommendations on how to prepare for the exam in Japanese? Right now, I'm more worried about first being able to read and understand what the questions are asking, rather than the actual accounting/financial knowledge required (since I've worked in the financial industry for some time now, the required accounting skills aren't as concerning to me. I'm more worried about the Japanese language rather than the content).

Any suggestions or advice that you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No, the exam isn't offered in English. There are oodles of textbooks (in Japanese) on the subject. I'd say pick one up and give it a read. See if you can get through the kanji. Also, though it sounds like you may be proficient in accounting, do not under estimate the difficulty of the Boki exams. Levels 1 & 2 have toppled many before you and they were native Japanese. Of course, like any exam, if you put the study time in you'll likely be fine. If you find you might benefit from doing a course in preparation for the exams, just drop me a private post. Having said that, many pass all three levels without entering a classroom. Good luck.

Comment

Global Visas

Comment

Originally posted by aznkrnboi View Post
        Hey Guys,

'Standard' Kanji knowlege will usually not help for this as the terms are accounting-specific. Even Japanese have a hard time studying for these.

TAC usually has study progams for these tests : http://www.tac-school.co.jp/kouza_boki/
        It would also help tremendously to join a study group. Plant to spend each Sat or Sum for study until the test...

Comment

I used to have a Nicchuu Bokki, but lately it seems to be mostly a passing thing.

Makes it easier to get around, mind you..................

Comment

Working...
          X