Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succeeding in the Japanese IT Industry

Things needed
    -While not abosulute necessary, good command of the Japanese language is a big plus and makes one stand out from non-Japanese speaking Gaijin. It also shows you respect the country enough and are motivated enough that you actually took time to learn Japanese.

-Offer rare skills that are hard to find even among native Japanese. By rare skills, can someone please give a short list about high demand/rare skills.
    "While not rare, I can verify that Citrix XenApp Admin/Engineer skills are in demand right now at least in Tokyo." - YokohamaTommy

-Connections, connections, connections. It helps to have connections. It's gets you places, jobs and status.

Things to know
    -What's the deal with overtime? Anyone care to elaborate on what's the deal with overtime?

What other stuff shoudl I add?
    Last edited by j814wong; 2012-03-22, 05:50 AM.

Originally posted by j814wong View Post

-Offer rare skills that are hard to find even among native Japanese. By rare skills, can someone please give a short list about high demand/rare skills.
    While not rare, I can verify that Citrix XenApp Admin/Engineer skills are in demand right now at least in Tokyo.

Comment

Also good: some nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills.

Comment

Working...
      X