Is having a DELTA good in Japan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is having a DELTA good in Japan?

I have about 4 years of experience teaching in England/Japan, in private schools, eikaiwa, ALT. I have a CELTA and have completed module 2 in the DELTA. I will be doing the module 1 exam this summer and then module 3 later in December. Does anyone know what kind of jobs I can get with this qualification? Is it largely recognised by Japanese companies?

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by londoner86; 2012-05-08, 08:51 AM.

Originally posted by londoner86 View Post
    Is having a DELTA good in Japan?
    I have about 4 years of experience teaching in England/Japan, private schools, eikaiwa, ALT, everything. I have a CELTA and have completed module 2 in the DELTA. I will be doing the module 1 exam this summer and then module 3 later in December. Does anyone know what kind jobs I can get with this qualification? Is it largely recognised by Japanese companies?

Thanks in advanced!

As all that experience and training has, apparently, had zero impact on your writing skills, one would have to assume that the only answer to your question would be, "It is worth diddley-squat"!

Comment

You will get exactly the same jobs that you have been getting so far. It is good for personal satisfaction and to get yourself more comfortable teaching, but as far as jobs are concerned, it doesn't do much unless you can get in with the British council if they have any in JP.

Comment

If you have the opportunity to bag the DELTA now then go for it. If you're thinking about EFL teaching as a career, especially in coutries other than Japan, then it's a good qualification. If you're only going to work in Japan then I wouldn't bother. Instead I'd try to land a Masters which would open doors to university jobs.

--

Comment

Working...
        X