Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED an opinon? from experince or thoughts

hello everyone my name is chris i am 22 years of age

i speak fairly well Japanese i have a bachelor degree and a teaching cert << not BA and have been to many times in japan on visit and study
    i am ready to finally make the move to live there for at least 2 years... but there is a issue well a few...
    i don't mind what job i get really.... i have saved up 20,000 for this move and every week i get 300$ due to my law suit back a while ago
    so i want to work in japan and people tell me it is better to find a job while in japan is that true? so i am thinking.... if that's the case should i go on a working holiday visa and then find a job and get them to sponsor me? or should i go as a tourist visa and then find work and get them to sponsor me?

also one last issue i have tattoos on my hands and neck... i can cover them up with a shirt and gloves but i want to know if there is ANY hope for me at with my conditions... its pretty much a make or break now as i am ready have a place sorted etc
    i am going to finalizing things very soon but i just need a few more opinions and hopes i guess

any help will be great

also i have this make up called Dermablend it covers it right up perfectly not visible at all so if i apply that to my hands and neck would that be ok and cover the rest with shirt etc!?

Comment

U.S. citizens are not offered Working Holiday Visas by the Ministry of Immigration. You did not specify you country of origin. You need the job to get the visa... a job that offers full-time work/full-time pay. Typically, that work requires the four-year degree, in any subject, for an English conversation school/company to consider sponsoring you with the aim of putting you to work for that school/company. .....IF English teaching is the job you see yourself in.

I would advise you look at companies/schools that recruit overseas. If you come at the wrong time of year, you could spend months looking for work. Not fun!

The tattoo art is problematic for some businesses when searching for English teachers. Teachers are often used to recruit new students, and image IS everything...
      I had heard of one guy who was turned down by NOVA for work that had been done on his hands. He ended up taping up daily to cover up. He said he also got tired of explaining about them to students when they were left uncovered.

Comment

sorry i am from Australia! yes i have this makeup though that makes it no visible at all! and also i thought a working holiday visa was like... you get the visa and you can find work there for 1 year its a once in a lifetime thing? im saying if i cover my visible tattoos am i ok?

Comment

If you are for real, I'd say please don't look for teaching jobs. Your writing skills are a big weak point, and no amount of makeup will hide that.

should i go on a working holiday visa and then find a job and get them to sponsor me?
          I think you don't understand the WHV system. You don't need a company/employer to sponsor you on that. Get the WHV and you can work in practically any situation (read the WHV web site for the restrictions). Technically, long-term work is forbidden, but many employers look the other way. Plan on FT or PT work for 3-4 months at a shot.

If you want a non-teaching job, that may be your best route to get your foot in the door, but after the WHV is up, you either convert to a working visa (unlikely with your qualifications), or you leave Japan, or you change to a student visa.

Comment

Originally posted by chriswhiteaie View Post
            hello everyone my name is chris i am 22 years of age

i speak fairly well Japanese i have a bachelor degree and a teaching cert << not BA and have been to many times in japan on visit and study
            also one last issue i have tattoos on my hands and neck... i can cover them up with a shirt and gloves but i want to know if there is ANY hope for me at with my conditions...
            What is your BA in ? Could you also work in IT, Engineering or simillar ? If you're eligible for the WHV, that would be your best choice. But would't you have any friends from your studies that know you better and could give you better advice ?

Comment

Working...
            X