Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notary

Hello!
    Does anybody know a notary in Nara - ken or Osaka area. By the way... a notary who can speak english

notary service is available at the US consulate in Osaka

Notary service is available at the US consulate in Osaka. It is not cheap. It is up on the 4th floor. If you are going in at the hour the place opens, tell the guard what you want to do. Many people have to line up to apply for visas, and notary services and others need not wait to get in the building. You will need to leave an ID upon entering the building, and check your cell phone at the door, and so on...

best of luck to you.

Comment

unfortunately I'm not american, so I must search for a japanese notary... but able to speak english

Comment

...embassy...nearby churches sometimes, and try a local BIG university if there is one...you get all sorts of foreigners in there these days :P

Comment

huh?

you got me! the idea of a 'notary' is U.S. based, isn't it? You need to explain why you need, what you need....

I have never heard of anyone needing formal service unless it was business related to the U.S.

I am stumped!

Comment

...i needed one once for immigration or family law or something...by immigration i think it was something i needed witnessed ie new passport etc...But i cant think of where you might find and English-speaking Japanese National one...
            ...is there a 'gaijin hotline' phone service type thing where you are ? They might be able to help you better...anmari yakunitatazuni gomen nasai...

Comment

Ask for a judicial scrivener - shihoushoshi - i@m - they can provide a similar service as a notary.

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically
                you got me! the idea of a 'notary' is U.S. based, isn't it? You need to explain why you need, what you need....

I have never heard of anyone needing formal service unless it was business related to the U.S.

I am stumped!
                no isn't U.S. based, coz' I know that in my country (Romania) we have notary services sice at least 2 centuries...
                I need this notary just to authenticate a copy of my diploma, co' I don't want to go back to Europe just for this. In my area is a center for foreigners but I think they are a little lazy coz' they told me that in Japan I cannot find notary services...

Comment

forgive me

Please for give my ignorance. I thought surely no other country could possible be a screwed up as mine when it comes to such legal matters.

I recommend you start at the International Center in the Nara K'ntetsu station building. They can help you find a Japanese lawyer who can do what you are looking for. Any lawyer will charge a fee to do what you are seeking.

You may also wish to consult with the free legal services that are provided (weekly?) at the International Center in Osaka. They can direct you as well.

best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X