rear ended by a yakuza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear ended by a yakuza

Once again, I am impressed by the tenacious skills of the Japanese police.

Last night, while waiting for the traffic light to change at a very busy intersection, an idiot in a large white toyota hilux surf rammed my car from the left back.

As per custom I got out and started shouting at him. But he was not alone. From his car poured a bunch of goons, from a honda stepwagon behind him poured more goons and from a benz slk one large tattood ____________.....

they all started blah blah blah how they would fix the car for me... no need for the popo etc etc the one guy took my cellphone number... and they all buggered off....

There was a helluva lot of shouting going on, mostly from their part... ut what they didnt notice while all this shouting was going on is that i got hold of the little bimbo from the 4x4 and told her to run into lawsons across the road and make a photocopy of her sweetie's (the driver) drivers license.
    The silly girl did...
    and of course i got the license plate number of the 4x4....

i couldnt stay at the intersection so i drove to the nearest 7-11 and called the brave boys in blue....

while i was waiting i received an assorted bunch of phone calls from a bunch of assorted badly spoken individuals... along the line of korrrrrra omae.... nande orrrre wo komasetorrrrrrrrru? omae darrrrrrrreeeeeee
    etc etc...
    my phone is set to reject unknown numbers ... so i have a lovely record of the calls...

anyway... the pop arrived about 20 minutes later....

we go through the whole story... show them the photocopy of the guy's license (the guy told us his name was nakamura but the license has a totally different name) and the license plate no. of the 4x4...

they write down copious notes... radio in about the car.....
    then come back and ask me... am i sure it wasnt a BMW?
    no. i say.... it was a white hilux surf... a toyota... D says the same...
    okasi they say... the number is not for a toyota but a BMW...

the number is really easy to remember... plus D just sent me the number by keitai mail while we were standing and having the shouting match with the tattood wonder from the benz...
    _ˁ@ROP
    ́@TP|TR
    like its really complicated to remember.... duh...

anyway... after talking to the popo for about an hour... and giving him all the keitai numbers, a copy of the copy of the guy's license and answering that no it wasnt a BMW for about the 500th time, the popo said to go home and rest......

at 11 they called me to ask what work I did... but no update.
    at 1 am they called me (and woke me up) to ask the name of the company that I work for.... duh.......... i told them i was self employed when they called at 11.....

and so the investigation continues.......... sigh

my poor car and poor me...

I hope you don't suffer any reprisals. I might have been tempted to take some money from them then and there, but who knows what the yaks would have done after.

Comment

Originally posted by silk
      Once again, I am impressed by the tenacious skills of the Japanese police.

Last night, while waiting for the traffic light to change at a very busy intersection, an idiot in a large white toyota hilux surf rammed my car from the left back.

As per custom I got out and started shouting at him. But he was not alone. From his car poured a bunch of goons, from a honda stepwagon behind him poured more goons and from a benz slk one large tattood ____________.....

they all started blah blah blah how they would fix the car for me... no need for the popo etc etc the one guy took my cellphone number... and they all buggered off....

There was a helluva lot of shouting going on, mostly from their part... ut what they didnt notice while all this shouting was going on is that i got hold of the little bimbo from the 4x4 and told her to run into lawsons across the road and make a photocopy of her sweetie's (the driver) drivers license.
      The silly girl did...
      and of course i got the license plate number of the 4x4....

i couldnt stay at the intersection so i drove to the nearest 7-11 and called the brave boys in blue....

while i was waiting i received an assorted bunch of phone calls from a bunch of assorted badly spoken individuals... along the line of korrrrrra omae.... nande orrrre wo komasetorrrrrrrrru? omae darrrrrrrreeeeeee
      etc etc...
      my phone is set to reject unknown numbers ... so i have a lovely record of the calls...

anyway... the pop arrived about 20 minutes later....

we go through the whole story... show them the photocopy of the guy's license (the guy told us his name was nakamura but the license has a totally different name) and the license plate no. of the 4x4...

they write down copious notes... radio in about the car.....
      then come back and ask me... am i sure it wasnt a BMW?
      no. i say.... it was a white hilux surf... a toyota... D says the same...
      okasi they say... the number is not for a toyota but a BMW...

the number is really easy to remember... plus D just sent me the number by keitai mail while we were standing and having the shouting match with the tattood wonder from the benz...
      _ˁ@ROP
      ́@TP|TR
      like its really complicated to remember.... duh...

anyway... after talking to the popo for about an hour... and giving him all the keitai numbers, a copy of the copy of the guy's license and answering that no it wasnt a BMW for about the 500th time, the popo said to go home and rest......

at 11 they called me to ask what work I did... but no update.
      at 1 am they called me (and woke me up) to ask the name of the company that I work for.... duh.......... i told them i was self employed when they called at 11.....

and so the investigation continues.......... sigh

my poor car and poor me...
      I'm sorry to hear about that Silk. I hope it all gets sorted soon and without fuss. Although this being Japan, it is never that simple. Here's hoping though.

Comment

Something tells me nothing good can come of this.

Comment

Originally posted by rubirosa
          Something tells me nothing good can come of this.
          you and me both...
          i think i might just call some of my own friends in low places ....
          this morning my phone has been ringing almost non stop with a variety of unknown numbers...

the popoman has yet to put 2 and 2 together and realise that a license plate belonging to a BMW that is screwed to a toyota 4x4 usually means only one thing....
          they called again this morning to ask if i was completely sure the car wasnt a black BMW..........
          i told them to come and take paint samples off my car...

i very much doubt that the brilliant leedle boys in blue are going to handle this one properly... and i do know some not so savory ppl myself...

the only thing i REALLY worry about is the popoman giving out my name and address to the guy who was driving the big white toyota BMW...

Comment

Jesus. That sounds like a nightmare. Seriously, how good is your Japanese? I'd get someone who speaks really well to go over it with you and go with you to the police, maybe talk to someone senior, and refuse to leave until they understand exactly what it going on.

I wonder how inept the police really are, and how much of it is just _____ing on this forum, but it doesn't sound like they've made a good start on it. Where are you, in Osaka or Tokyo?

Comment

Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg
              Fugg

Fugg

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog
                Jesus. That sounds like a nightmare. Seriously, how good is your Japanese? I'd get someone who speaks really well to go over it with you and go with you to the police, maybe talk to someone senior, and refuse to leave until they understand exactly what it going on.

I wonder how inept the police really are, and how much of it is just _____ing on this forum, but it doesn't sound like they've made a good start on it. Where are you, in Osaka or Tokyo?
                my japanese is basic fluent kansaiben..
                this is kobe... the home of the yakuza... sigh.
                i was thinking to go into the main hyougo kenkei today as all i got last night were 2 young 'uns on their funny little bikes from the local popobox.

i was feeling sick and had a headache, as well as the fact my neck hurts... and they told me to go home and rest?
                i am not sure if it was the accident that gave me the headache or the constant questioning about toyota VS BMW.... they seem to think that if they ask me often enough, i will suddenly realise i was wrong and that it was indeed a black BMW.........

i have had several very different experiences with the popo...

a few years ago i was rear ended very badly while waiting in traffic at the expressway toll booth...
                the police were really kind and very efficient... they even let me come back the next day to give a statement because i was late for an appointment...

my son was involved in an accident bike/4x4 ... he was on the bike...
                the policeman who came to the scene was drunk.. and the whole thing following was a bit of a fusk-up

when my ex husband ran me over with my own car... well the popo was lacking in many ways... they spent hours trying to convince me that i should drop the whole issue... so badly trying to convince me that i really didnt even need to go to hospital..
                the domestic violence law had just changed and i think they really didnt know how to deal with it... or they didnt agree with it .. one or the other

japanese friends have had cars stolen and houses broken into and the popo didnt even come to see the crime scene, just told them to come in and make a report...

about a year ago i had my bag stolen and caught the girl who did it... the popo dealt with that in a very very good way... and a few weeks ago i was hittakuri and had my money stolen... the popo was helpful but very honest about probably not being able to do much about retrieving the money...

so there are good and bad... efficient and bumbling... probably like most other countries.

Comment

kurochan... thanks... my sentiments exactly...

Comment

my japanese is basic fluent kansaiben..
                    this is kobe... the home of the yakuza... sigh.
                    i was thinking to go into the main hyougo kenkei today as all i got last night were 2 young 'uns on their funny little bikes from the local popobox.

i was feeling sick and had a headache, as well as the fact my neck hurts... and they told me to go home and rest?
                    i am not sure if it was the accident that gave me the headache or the constant questioning about toyota VS BMW.... they seem to think that if they ask me often enough, i will suddenly realise i was wrong and that it was indeed a black BMW.........

i have had several very different experiences with the popo...

a few years ago i was rear ended very badly while waiting in traffic at the expressway toll booth...
                    the police were really kind and very efficient... they even let me come back the next day to give a statement because i was late for an appointment...

my son was involved in an accident bike/4x4 ... he was on the bike...
                    the policeman who came to the scene was drunk.. and the whole thing following was a bit of a fusk-up

when my ex husband ran me over with my own car... well the popo was lacking in many ways... they spent hours trying to convince me that i should drop the whole issue... so badly trying to convince me that i really didnt even need to go to hospital..
                    the domestic violence law had just changed and i think they really didnt know how to deal with it... or they didnt agree with it .. one or the other

japanese friends have had cars stolen and houses broken into and the popo didnt even come to see the crime scene, just told them to come in and make a report...

about a year ago i had my bag stolen and caught the girl who did it... the popo dealt with that in a very very good way... and a few weeks ago i was hittakuri and had my money stolen... the popo was helpful but very honest about probably not being able to do much about retrieving the money...

so there are good and bad... efficient and bumbling... probably like most other countries.
                    Do you live in da ghetto or somethin'?

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx
                      I hope you don't suffer any reprisals. I might have been tempted to take some money from them then and there, but who knows what the yaks would have done after.
                      i tried that........ trust me... i said if you wont call the popo ...... pay for the damages now...
                      when we tried to call the popo the guy grabbed my phone and turned it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Nos 2.0
                        Do you live in da ghetto or somethin'?
                        haha the ghetto of kobe... japan is no longer the beautiful island nation with four seasons and low crime..
                        it is merely an island like many others with similar fusking weather and similar crime problems.

Comment

haha the ghetto of kobe... japan is no longer the beautiful island nation with four seasons and low crime..
                          it is merely an island like many others with similar fusking weather and similar crime problems.
                          It has four seasons?!? Wow...this place must be so espezzzzial.

Well I guess it's all made even worse when the feeky chuckers are allowed to get away with blue murder. Do ya think the popo will be dumb enough to give out your address to the knuckle draggers? Even for them that would be other worldly type stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nos 2.0
                            It has four seasons?!? Wow...this place must be so espezzzzial.

Well I guess it's all made even worse when the feeky chuckers are allowed to get away with blue murder. Do ya think the popo will be dumb enough to give out your address to the knuckle draggers? Even for them that would be other worldly type stupid.
                            i wouldnt put it past the brilliant boys in blue....
                            the two specimens we dealt with last night were especially bright and shining in the dumb department.

Comment

i wouldnt put it past the brilliant boys in blue....
                              the two specimens we dealt with last night were especially bright and shining in the dumb department.
                              It's that glazed look in the eye, the eagerness to smile and the little trail of drool that gives them away every time.

Popo janai desu. Simple Simone in a badly fitted blue uniform. They look good when they stand in the doorway of the koban though, don't they. Like models in toy town.

Apparently it takes them about three months in Simple Simone school for them to become proficient in that stance and stare. They don't let them near the push-bikes until they can do that.
                              Last edited by Nos 2.0; 2007-05-14, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X