Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

Gulag For Gaijin - Yet Another Scandal. Will You Remain Silent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wzwzwz View Post
    That's not what immigration says. Q25 here: http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/tetuduki/kanri/qa02.html

Q: 在留期間更新申請中の場合,私のパスポートは地方入国管理局等が保管するのですか。申請中パス ポートを私が持っていていいのであれば,申請中でも一時的 に海外へ行くことはできますか。

A : 更新申請中,地方入国管理局等があなたのパスポートを保管することはありません。更新申請中でも,再入 国許可を取得して一時的に海外へ行くことができます。
    しかし,再入国許可期限後に入国しようとする場合には ,更新申請の審査の結果を待って,新たな許可に基づき 再入国許可を取得する必要があります。
    So you're right. I guess things have changed - 10 years ago when I was in a situation where I needed to leave during application, they told me I couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by thefan View Post
      You can take my freedom, but you cannot take my fingerprint!
      you can take my freedom, take my fingerprints. Hell, take my picture, but do NOT TOUCH my beer!

Comment

Originally posted by wzwzwz View Post
        That still doesn't make any sense. If you've applied to extend or change your status of residence, you can still leave and re-enter Japan with no problems, as long as your current status of residence is valid and is not a short-term visitor (tourist) visa, and you have a valid re-entry permit. So yes, if that's true he should have been able to leave and re-enter.

Makes no sense.
        well maybe he read you post and agrees that that story made no sense as he has now deleted that part from his story. we may never know what really happened to this 'journalist' but his story changes so often i certainly cant keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by haildamage View Post
          well maybe he read you post and agrees that that story made no sense as he has now deleted that part from his story. we may never know what really happened to this 'journalist' but his story changes so often i certainly cant keep up!

what was it that Andy Warhol said about everyone in the world being allowed fifteen minutes of credibility in a lifetime?

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
            what was it that Andy Warhol said about everyone in the world being allowed fifteen minutes of credibility in a lifetime?
            And you believed that?

Comment

not credibility....fame

Comment

Originally posted by iago View Post
                And you believed that?
                Silence!
                Lord Warhol's drug-induced utterings have proven infallible!

Warhol be praised.
                All Hail the Soup.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
                  Yes, obviously it never happened. Or its totally exaggerated. The victim is complaining and has no credibility at all..
                  It sounds like his sense of entitlement was severely violated. So some guards tried to shake him down after he got busted for whatever it was that he won't admit to. He didn't get beaten. His blanket was too thin? Imagine what might have happened to him if he was a Chinese hooker being departed. Some guy wants to bad mouth another county's immigration should at least have the balls to admit his part in the whole scenario. Can't wait for his book.

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                    not credibility....fame
                    for this poor guy, the infamy is going to last a bit longer than the credibility...

Comment

Originally posted by Andun
                      It seems J immigration has something against fat hippies. Better get a haircut before you take your next trip!
                      I'd say he has the look of a General Custer, and I would not have called Custer a hippie.

There are too many hippie-ists on this forum. Is everyone such a square, man?

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                        I'd say he has the look of a General Custer
                        More like General Custard.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                          I'd say he has the look of a General Custer, and I would not have called Custer a hippie.

There are too many hippie-ists on this forum. Is everyone such a square, man?
                          There was a price on Custer's head, he knew that Sitting Bull and Cochise wanted him dead and he grew his hair long to taunt them and make himself a deliberate target. Custer was at war with the Ogala Sioux, the Lakota Sioux, Commanche and Apache nations. The topic of our discussion is just a nitpicker by comparison.

Comment

for this poor guy, the infamy is going to last a bit longer than the credibility...
                            Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it....

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                              There was a price on Custer's head, he knew that Sitting Bull and Cochise wanted him dead and he grew his hair long to taunt them and make himself a deliberate target. Custer was at war with the Ogala Sioux, the Lakota Sioux, Commanche and Apache nations. The topic of our discussion is just a nitpicker by comparison.
                              I wonder if he regretted this at Little Big Horn?

Comment

I just finished reading Chris’s blog – a bit long winded, but then it is a blog. Some of it seems to be improbable for Japan – foreigners working as “security guards” at the airport; credit card companies not refunding transactions that are not executed by cardholders; shake-downs for cash, etc. – while of course much rings true.

I would like to see an update – assuming that there are ongoing events.

http://globalite.posterous.com/insid...ita-airp-91122

Comment

Working...
                                X