X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car towed?

I parked my car in a multi-story parking lot of an entertainment venue in Japan since I needed to catch a shinkansen. By the time I return, I'll have been parked there for two weeks.

How does towing work in Japan? Do you think it was towed or is it hard to say? I'm wondering what I'll do when if I return, the car is not there.

By now your car will be on it's way to Kandahar. Motor vehicles left in car parks for any length of time are often targeted by thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Start View Post
      I parked my car in a multi-story parking lot of an entertainment venue in Japan since I needed to catch a shinkansen. By the time I return, I'll have been parked there for two weeks.

How does towing work in Japan? Do you think it was towed or is it hard to say? I'm wondering what I'll do when if I return, the car is not there.
      Tow trucks are called "wrecka" in Japanese and if it has you will pay towing fees plus poundage/storage fees. Towage alone is 20-50,000 yen plus charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Start View Post

If you weren't towed, they might have clamped you. While there is a minute chance that you're car was left as is ... in all likelihood you're going to have to end up paying several hundred dollars to release your car.

That was a really stupid decision on your part. What inspired you to do something so moronic?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthByNorthwest View Post
          If you weren't towed, they might have clamped you. While there is a minute chance that you're car was left as is ... in all likelihood you're going to have to end up paying several hundred dollars to release your car.

That was a really stupid decision on your part. What inspired you to do something so moronic?
          Catching a train and barely making a flight. Idiotic.

Comment

Usually those places are free for 3-4 hours and then they charge you per time afterwards. I would guess you have a large bill to pay to get out.

I would add that if they towed you, they would be in trouble. The places I have visited are clearly a for-profit parking lot. There's no reason for them to tow you.

Comment

Next time use one of the cheap long term parking services close to the airport.

Comment

Working...
              X