Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

Will having been a teenage Domintrix preclude me from getting a student visa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will having been a teenage Domintrix preclude me from getting a student visa?

Hello,

I really appreciate everyone's help and thank you in advance for the answers.

Several years ago, out of sheer adventurousness and youthful stupidity, I began working at a New York S&M club. There was no sex whatsoever; it was a real-deal place. However, several months into my dabbling with chains and whips, a squad of police officers broke down our door and arrested every Domme they found inside. Once on the inside, my lawyer informed me that the decoy claimed that we all agreed to have sexual intercourse with him--a complete and utter lie, of course, but it was their word against ours. I have, indeed, met with with the customer who then turned out to be a police decoy; he never mentioned sexual intercourse (he would be immediately ejected if he were to do so); i informed him that the things he did request--cross-dressing, as far as I remember--were not my specialty.

Long story short, I ended up pleading "no contest" to a prostitution charge, since, according to the legal counsel, the cops' word would be believed over mine. I put the nightmarish experience of dealing with New York's "finest" behind me and never had run-ins with the law again.

Now, i am about to graduate from college with a major in Translation Studies. I would like to continue pursuing my studies in Japan. However, I am afraid I will be denied student visa by the Japanese embassy. Would they consider "no contest" the same as conviction? Do I have a better chance to get a visa if I opt to lie on my application?

Thank you.
    Last edited by camusttedare; 2012-04-13, 11:13 AM. Reason: Misspellings, including one in the title I cannot edit. How embarassing!

Originally posted by camusttedare View Post
    ... (he would be immediately ejected if he were to do so)... Thank you.
    You also spelled "ejaculated" wrong.

Comment

Was that really necessary?

Definition of EJECT
      transitive verb
      a : to throw out especially by physical force, authority, or influence <ejected the player from the game> b : to evict from property
      : to throw out or off from within <ejects the empty cartridges>

Comment

At least I know when I make a mistake

You cannot "ejaculate" someone. It's not a transitive verb-so, really, your insult is just dumb.

Comment

Now, i am about to graduate from college with a major in Translation Studies. I would like to continue pursuing my studies in Japan. However, I am afraid I will be denied student visa by the Japanese embassy. Would they consider "no contest" the same as conviction? Do I have a better chance to get a visa if I opt to lie on my application?

Thank you.
          You will be denied a visa if:

you have a drug conviction.

Convicted of a crime which results in a prison term of six months or more.

You are involved with organised crime.

If you have no conviction i.e it was dismissed without charge you will probably be OK.

What they dont know doesnt hurt them, if they ask if you have a criminal conviction, say no. There is also no way for Japanese immigration to check if you have a criminal record or not.

Comment

Dear Kansaiben,

Thank you very much for the answer!

Comment

I forgot to mention that the ultimate outcome of the case was Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal.

Comment

I forgot to mention that the ultimate outcome of the case was Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal.
                Which is a fancy way of saying your lawyers did a fancy plea bargain with the police/prosecutors and the charges will be dropped. probably because a first offence such as this would torpedo your career after graduation. If there is a clear case of entrapment or police lying to try and set you up the judge will probably drop the charges against you.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                  Which is a fancy way of saying your lawyers did a fancy plea bargain with the police/prosecutors and the charges will be dropped. probably because a first offence such as this would torpedo your career after graduation. If there is a clear case of entrapment or police lying to try and set you up the judge will probably drop the charges against you.
                  This was years ago. I now wish I had argued my case before the judge because the cops flat out LIED. However, at that time, I was a just a scared and tired college Freshman without any experience in dealing with the law; I was advised to plead "no contest" to the charges by a public attorney and simply did as I was told.

Comment

This was years ago. I now wish I had argued my case before the judge because the cops flat out LIED. However, at that time, I was a just a scared and tired college Freshman without any experience in dealing with the law; I was advised to plead "no contest" to the charges by a public attorney and simply did as I was told.
                    Unless you want to spend a lot of money on lawyers and arguing it in court you are probably better off listening to your counsel and cutting your losses. thats what you pay them for after all.

Maybe I watch too much Law and Order but you are employing your lawyer to act in your best interests. Probably pays not to second-guess or Monday morning quarterback him/her in times like this.

There is such a thing as crooked and dishonest cops after an arrest, and they are only human too, believe it or not.

Comment

KB - you do realize the girl is talking about this in the past tense, in her words, 'many years ago', right? You keep phrasing this as if it's a current situation she is facing.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                        Maybe I watch too much Law and Order but you are employing your lawyer to act in your best interests. Probably pays not to second-guess or Monday morning quarterback him/her in times like this.
                        Free defense attorneys are generally new, with huge caseloads that they have to cover. Their advice is often the advice that will clear the case quickest for them, not necessarily in their client's best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                          KB - you do realize the girl is talking about this in the past tense, in her words, 'many years ago', right? You keep phrasing this as if it's a current situation she is facing.
                          Yes, I was also a bit puzzled by this.

EA, do you think I should worry about being denied a student visa?

Thank you.

Comment

I have no clue - I don't know much about them. But in your position, I'd apply and lie, and see what happens. Worst case scenario, they say no. It's not like you are going to get arrested again.

Edit: for the incident in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                              Free defense attorneys are generally new, with huge caseloads that they have to cover. Their advice is often the advice that will clear the case quickest for them, not necessarily in their client's best interests.
                              As she was a broke student she can't afford her own lawyer at $200 an hour, she really doesn't have a lot of choice in the matter on how she gets defended. If you dont like it, you can always fire the lawyer and ask to defend yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X