X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English contract lawyer

I need to have an employment contract written up by a lawyer (or whatever profession is responsible for that). Does anybody know any English speaking lawyers, preferably in Kanto, who can write up employment contracts?

Thank you,

WN

Originally posted by White Ninja View Post
    I need to have an employment contract written up by a lawyer (or whatever profession is responsible for that). Does anybody know any English speaking lawyers, preferably in Kanto, who can write up employment contracts?

Thank you,

WN
    Is this for an English teaching position?

Comment

No... does that make a difference in the type of lawyer?

Comment

No... does that make a difference in the type of lawyer?
        Depends on job, reason why I ask is for English teaching jobs is schools have to abide by Labor Standards Law (same with any job really) as long as you know what your legal rights are vis a vis Japanese laws you dont really need to put it in writing or pay lawyers to do it for you unless its especially complicated.

Contracts here are pretty much toothless tigers here anyway. Employers will play on your ignorance more than anything else, IMO.

If employers screw you over you pay lawyers to go to bat for you, thats what they are there for.

Comment

I'm the employer.

Comment

A Japanese lawyer (bengoshi) might be overkill - although they can certainly do the job.
            Try an administrative lawyer (gyoseishoshi) like this guy. He speaks English and has in experience in what you're seeking. According to what I see on his homepage, it'll run you between Y60,000 to Y80,000 for a full-package which includes Japanese-language contracts with English-language translations (depending on whether you are employing temp workers or fulltime one).

Comment

Thank you, that's what I needed. Have you used this guy yourself?

Comment

Thank you, that's what I needed. Have you used this guy yourself?
                Two friends of mine have used him and both recommended him.

Comment

I just gave him a call, he seems quite reasonable. He gave me a good price, and said he can do it in 3 or so days. I'll check back when I've completed the deal with him.

Comment

I've just received the contract from him, and overall I'm quite happy with the service. It was fast, well done, and at a reasonable price. I would have no problem recommending him to others. Thank's for the recommendation NorthByNorthwest.

Comment

Working...
                    X