Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anit-marijuana prohibition causes death of man in Yokohama

The Japanese media is reporting that a man has died after smoking Spice:

横浜市内のマンションで20日、パイプを使って植物の 粉末を吸っていた26歳の男性が死亡し、警察は詳しい 死因を調べるとともに、いわゆる「脱法ハーブ」とみて鑑定することにしています。

link
    Rough translation: After smoking a powdered plant substance in an apartment in Yokohama, a 25 year old man has died. The police are currently investigating the exact cause, but are saying that it appears to be from so-called 'legal herbs'.

If the government had not outlawed an entirely safe legal plant, you wouldn't have people smoking these completely unknown, and often extremely dangerous, legal herbs. This man's blood is on the government's hands.

I just realized this thread title is incorrect. It should have been 'Marijuana prohibition'.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
      The Japanese media is reporting that a man has died after smoking Spice:

Rough translation: After smoking a powdered plant substance in an apartment in Yokohama, a 25 year old man has died. The police are currently investigating the exact cause, but are saying that it appears to be from so-called 'legal herbs'.

If the government had not outlawed an entirely safe legal plant, you wouldn't have people smoking these completely unknown, and often extremely dangerous, legal herbs. This man's blood is on the government's hands.
      To be clear - if he had not been smoking the legal herbs, he would not have died from having done so.

Comment

I don't disagree with that at all. Personal responsibility is number one. But history has shown us that people are going to do drugs regardless of prohibition, and in this case, prohibition created an environment where this guy felt he was safer off smoking these unknown substances, rather than smoking one that is known to be safe. And look where it got him.

Comment

I don't disagree with that at all. Personal responsibility is number one. But history has shown us that people are going to do drugs regardless of prohibition, and in this case, prohibition created an environment where this guy felt he was safer off smoking these unknown substances, rather than smoking one that is known to be safe. And look where it got him.
          The problem is that substance is LEGAL !!! but the safe stuff is ILLEGAL !!!!!

It should be the opposite.

Comment

Have you ever smoked those legal herbs ??
            If yes how was it???

Comment

I have. It's kind of weed-like, but more tweaky. I don't like it, and haven't touched it in months.

I'm surprised the foreign media didn't pick up on this.

Comment

i tried couple of times. It was the same as weed but one time my heart beats so fast that it scared me like hell.
                Is it normal??

Comment

It depends if you mean 'normal' as in what your heart normally does, or normal as in what your heart does after smoking that stuff.

For the first, I'd say no, that's not normal. For the second, I'd say yeah, that's probably normal.

Comment

Does not compute.
                    The fact that the substance is illegal has zero to do with this man's death.

MJ is illegal in Japan.
                    MJ is not addictive.
                    Man smokes unknown substance in an attempt to emulate MJ.
                    A simple internet search would have indicated that "spice" is unregulated, and what you get, is the gods best bet;
                    Could be carpet freshener, could be dried bologna, could be Chinese pocket lint flavored with toothpaste.
                    If you cannot control yourself to get high, you probably require therapy, not drugs.
                    If this applies, logic also would suggest that you probably should not live in a country where said substance is illegal.

The man deserves a Darwin award, and a bit of sympathy.
                    The Government is in no way responsible for his demise.

Comment

So you think people would still smoke this if weed were legal?

Comment

So you think people would still smoke this if weed were legal?
                        We're not talking necessity here.
                        If the guy wants to smoke a fatty, I got no issues with it.
                        The issue is that it is made to seem as if he absolutely HAD to get high,
                        and was left with no choice other than smoking mystery plants, or bits of cardboard dipped in roach spray for all one knows?

I fail to correlate the desire for THC in overriding a decision to take a gamble with my life.

-And I think that's the real problem here.
                        In which people having faith just because something comes in a legit-looking package, that said substance won't totally kill you.

The people that have culpability are the ones who put any sort of veracity into this crap.
                        I mean, let's be honest here;
                        There are people in this world who scrape whatever they find in their backyard, put it in a bag and sell it on the internet as something to get you high.
                        Oh? they have a brick and mortar store?
                        Who cares? Where are the from? Mongolia?
                        Who knows?

I think I've made my point.

Comment

Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post
                          We're not talking necessity here.
                          Neither was I. Again, you think people would still smoke this stuff if weed were legal?

Comment

Neither was I. Again, you think people would still smoke this stuff if weed were legal?
                            Thoughtless people exist before, during, and after any condition of prohibition; and as well there exists people to profit from all three of these conditions.

Comment

Again, do you think people would still smoke this stuff if weed were legal?

Comment

Working...
                              X