X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to move to Japan

Hi, I am a 23 year old video tech student who will graduate soon. I want to move to japan but am wondering if there are any jobs in the video/tv/film industry there. The market is kind of flooded here, and I have always wanted to live in Japan. If any one knows of a place where foreigners can get a job in this industry, let me know please. And if not, do you need a teaching degree to be an ALT in japan?

They may have some openings in the Imperial Fleet...

Comment

Don't come here.

Originally posted by jediknight36
      Hi, I am a 23 year old video tech student who will graduate soon. I want to move to japan but am wondering if there are any jobs in the video/tv/film industry there. The market is kind of flooded here, and I have always wanted to live in Japan. If any one knows of a place where foreigners can get a job in this industry, let me know please. And if not, do you need a teaching degree to be an ALT in japan?
      Why does every ingrate wanna come to Japan ? You are not worthy to set food over here.

Comment

Hi If any one knows of a place where foreigners can get a job in this industry, let me know please. And if not, do you need a teaching degree to be an ALT in japan?

You need an undergraduate BA degree so that immigration in Japan can process your visa. Employer acts as your sponsor. Teaching degree not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying_Dutchman
          You need an undergraduate BA degree so that immigration in Japan can process your visa. Employer acts as your sponsor. Teaching degree not needed.
          So its immigration, not the company's who what the BA? Any word on what it has to be in? And Asc. wont fly?

Comment

and you are?

Originally posted by mcalpine
            Why does every ingrate wanna come to Japan ? You are not worthy to set food over here.
            Not to fan the flames of ignorance, but if it were not for foreigners, you would not be on this website. Thank you

Comment

really?

Originally posted by douglas
              They may have some openings in the Imperial Fleet...
              The Imperial Fleet hires Gaijin? Where did you hear this? I have naval experence.

Comment

So its immigration, not the company's who what the BA? Any word on what it has to be in? And Asc. wont fly?
                Any BA will do. Major is unimportant for teaching jobs. In the vast majority of cases, an Associates degree will not cut it, no.

Comment

The Imperial Fleet hires Gaijin? Where did you hear this? I have naval experence.

I doubt you need much experience--can you swab a deck?

Comment

You may have better luck with a job opening at the Jedi Council.

You are a Jedi Knight, afterall.

Comment

did somebody say...

the film industry? wasn't there a thread about this? foreigners in AV? ... maybe somebody with more knowledge about this than i can claim could fill the newbie in...?

Comment

Been answered many times before.....often by me....

portfolio/ connections/ experience/ connections/ skills/ connections/ language/ connections.....

Newbies not really wanted, can get them locally; skilled experienced techs have the best chance, living locally with a status of residence that permits work, language skills preferred....

And did I mention connections?

Comment

But what about?

Originally posted by Glenski
                          Any BA will do. Major is unimportant for teaching jobs. In the vast majority of cases, an Associates degree will not cut it, no.

If the immigration need a BA for the visa, then what is this about then?

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/appendix1.html

That just says graduated from college or university. Am I missing something else?

Comment

If the immigration need a BA for the visa, then what is this about then?

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/appendix1.html

That just says graduated from college or university. Am I missing something else?

Not really. depending on the country you come from college can mean high school, junior college, a trade school or a university.

There have been reported cases of people with a two year degree getting visas but this is very rare. In MOST cases, a three year or a four year undergraduate degree is needed. Only immigration knows what their guidelines are, all you will get here is helpful advice. We dont issue visas, immigration does.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying_Dutchman
                              Not really. depending on the country you come from college can mean high school, junior college, a trade school or a university.

There have been reported cases of people with a two year degree getting visas but this is very rare. In MOST cases, a three year or a four year undergraduate degree is needed. Only immigration knows what their guidelines are, all you will get here is helpful advice. We dont issue visas, immigration does.
                              That gives me some hope then. I guess Ill apply and see. The worst they can say is no. You have been so much help.

Comment

Working...
                              X