Human rights, international development, environmental fields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human rights, international development, environmental fields

Hello everyone! I have a master's-level education and some experience in the fields of human rights, international development, and environmentalism/natural resource management. I currently don't speak any Japanese but I'm willing to put some time in to learn. Is it possible to get positions in these fields, or are they generally reserved for nationals?

edit: I also speak fluent Spanish
    Last edited by wayfaringstranger; 2012-03-22, 06:25 AM.

Originally posted by wayfaringstranger View Post
    Hello everyone! I have a master's-level education and some experience in the fields of human rights, international development, and environmentalism/natural resource management. I currently don't speak any Japanese but I'm willing to put some time in to learn. Is it possible to get positions in these fields, or are they generally reserved for nationals?

not bloody likely.... given Japan's record on human rights, international development, environmentalism and natural resource management....

PS: Is a "master's-level education" the same as a Master's Degree??

Comment

My advice would be to learn Japanese before you dive into these areas, no one is going to speak English for you and you will be largely illiterate when working here.

I have seen university posts advertising lecturers for these types of positions (EU economic policy etc) but a solid Masters, experience and some Japanese is advisable.

Comment

Irrashaimase!!! The perfect job awaits you~!

http://forum.gaijinpot.com/showthrea...ain-passengers

First come, first served~!!

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
          PS: Is a "master's-level education" the same as a Master's Degree??
          Two master's degrees.

Comment

Two master's degrees.
            ... and yet THIS site is where you came to do your research on ways to make a living?? .... hmmmm.... what school(s) took your money???

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
              ... and yet THIS site is where you came to do your research on ways to make a living?? .... hmmmm.... what school(s) took your money???
              The United Nations University.

Comment

then you have already, no doubt, made inquiries of the Japanese faculty members of the UNU on how best to seek employment commensurate with your academic persuits to date, here in the archipelago ....

Comment

Sounds like Eddie Murphy's University of the United States, in Coming to America!

But seriously, that ivory tower of learning on Aoyama Dori...

And in all that time, you learned nothing of Japan's wonderful attitude to human rights, international development, and environmentalism/natural resource management.

Yep, they sure took your money...

Comment

I always say that it's more difficult to find a job in Japan than in your home country (with the exception of english teaching). So what job opportunies would you have at home and what is your job experience ? You could always do volunteer work, but that's probably not what your are looking for.

Comment

Is it possible to get positions in these fields, or are they generally reserved for nationals?

No, yes, and that can't hurt, but without fluent Japanese and a Japanese passport, you are culo'ed up the poochy, mi amigo.

Lo siento.

PS TH,

UNU has a few sites in a few countries, IHOMO.

But I am sure they would be proud to count Prince Akeem as an alumnus.

Comment

Working...
                      X