Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEON's Training Course? What To Expect?

Hi everybody, I was wondering if someone could help me out...

I'm going to be coming to Japan soon to teach with AEON. I understand there is a week of training involved. I was wondering -- what can i expect during the training process? I'm assuming it's somewhat stressful (considering the jet leg and culture shock), so i'm wondering what sort of experiences you have had...

Any info, advice or stories are appreciated! Domo!

Re: AEON's Training Course? What To Expect?

Be prepared to be overwhelmed! Training will probably last about 6 days. During this time you will witness information-overload. You will also do 2-3 demo lessons. But the good news is... it is much more relaxed at your individual school. I have been working with AEON for about a year and am enjoying my time here. What area will you be working in?

Comment

Since you have been working for AEON for a year,how are the working conditions? Are you treated well by the Japanese staff?

Comment

what about just coming to Japan, grabbing a copy of Japan Times and trying to interview at some smaller schools? Or better yet, wait for a while and go for JET, and get paid well?
        English conversation schools are just a step in your path toward world domination. Realize this. Live free.

Comment

Hello everyone, I was wondering If anyone has ever heard of any teacher working for AEON 20 years or more?

Comment

yes, Charles Manson.

Comment

I worked for AEON for a year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. However, that first week of training was positively the worst week of my life. It was brutal. Get through that week, though, and enjoy your time in Japan. I'm still in Japan, although not with AEON.

Comment

Any tips for their interview?

Comment

Working...
                X