GAIJIN POT FORUM RULES
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, bashing, racism, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
- Respect privacy: Do not reveal the identity of other users or cite emails from other people
- Respect copyrights: Do not paste long texts from other websites. Provide a link to the page you are citing
- Respect our advertisers: Our advertisers and employers make this forum possible. It is understood that we will not allow any bad mouthing.
- Respect the Admins: Moderation is not a topic open to discussion.
- We are not a tool of revenge, we are a tool of getting new opportunities.
- Venting about previous employers is not allowed. We do not allow direct attacks on companies or individuals in those companies.
- If you are banned move on. There are many other forums where you can try your thing.
Harassment of other users leads to banning. Threatening, stalking, abusive behavior of any kind will lead to the direct termination of your membership.
- Refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Do not hijack threads. Stay in the topic area of a post.
No Multiple Threads
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count or getting more attention is not allowed.
- Use the search before you post. Don't start new threads on a question that has been asked a thousand times already
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.
- This includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members.
- We do not allow posts that are explicitly pornographic or violate GaijinPot Japan forums community standards.
- The GaijinPot team is the sole arbitrator of what does violate community standards.
Inciting Illegal Behavior
Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
One Login only
- Each member is allowed one login account.
- Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitors, but we will not tolerate blatant adverts or links pointing out to competitors.
- Refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- We remove offensive posts without notice.
- We ban anyone who violates the forum rules.
- These rules cover most common situations, they can not anticipate all situations, they will be refined over time.
- We will take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure GaijinPot Japan forums are not disrupted or abused.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising is also prohibited.
If you want to advertise on GaijinPot contact our sales staff. (http://www.gaijinpot.com/advertise.php)
If you want to post classifieds use our free Japan classifieds service. (http://www.gaijinpot.com/classifieds/)
If you are looking for staff that you'd like to hire through GaijinPot start posting a job here. (http://www.gaijinpot.com/emp.php?l=e)
If you want to post an apartment use our Japan housing service.(http://www.gaijinpot.com/apartments/) If you are looking for a flatmate use the classifieds.
- We judge case to case on how to react to people who disregard any of the rules.
- If you cross the line, as we determine, you will get banned - and the moderator's decision will be final
- Remember: This is not your forum. The ability to post here is not a right, it's an opportunity.