I've got a client that is interested in having students come and study Japanese at his school. I'm trying to find out some of the issues that go around this, so I'm putting up the following survey.
This survey is for people who have come from their home country specifically with the goal of studying Japanese.
1) How long did you spend studying in Japan (days/weeks/months/years)?
2) How old were you at the time?
3) Were you studying in a high school, a university, a Japanese language school, or something else?
4) Did you get your own accommodation, or was it provided for you?
5) Was it complete immersion, or were there English based activities as well?
6) What sort of preparation would you recommend to students who are considering coming themselves?
7) How much support did the school provide, and did you feel it was enough?
8) Did you have any unexpected problem issues arise before, during or after the stay, and did the school assist you with these?
9) Are there any areas in particular you felt the school did really well on?
10) Conversely, are there any areas they didn't do well on, that you could give advice for them to avoid?
11) Did you have any specific goals for this study, and were they able to be met?
12) Overall, do you feel that it was a bad experience, a good experience, or somewhere in the middle, and why?
13) Any other thoughts?
If you don't feel comfortable posting your answers here, please feel free to PM me the answers as well. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer these questions.