From one problem to the next...
I have an employer willing to sponsor my visa and they have sent me the documents to go to immigration and do so (it'll be a status change from Instructor to Specialist in Humanities). However, I have only been working under my shitty part time ALT contract for about 3 weeks (the role with my current visa sponsor already ended with the previous school year but I still needed a job so signed the first local contract I could find). As a visa status change only takes 2-3weeks to process, if I were to file it say this coming week, my current occupation would be illegal as I would not yet be working full time for my visa sponsor while also having a job that does not fall under the new status' approved activities as my sole source of income... right?
But is it not a terrible thing to quit a job I have been working at for less than a month, ESPECIALLY when I know [public] schools dislike having ALTs rolling through like trains on the Yamanote Line?
A friend said to me, well, if they had to let you go for whatever reason they would without thinking about the "inconvenience" to you or your schools so why do you hesitate to make a swift change for your own sake? In other words, they don't care about you so why do you care so much about what they think?
The notice period for my current job is 1 month. I also don't want to keep my new sponsor waiting too long. HOWEVER, I also thought I aught to at least wait until the end of July to quit so that they can find a replacement over summer break and have a new teacher in nice and smooth for September start. In which case I'd be giving 2 month's notice but possibly keeping the new sponsor waiting for an unreasonable length of time.
Do you think I am being too kind to my current employer? Or do you think I am doing the appropriately responsible thing by considering the troubles of turnover and opting to leave at a time that DOESN'T inconvenience my current employer so terribly? Do you think that it is wrong to keep my future via sponsor waiting and I should just hurry up and quit my current job to jump into the next? IN WHICH CASE, do you think my current employer will really try to slap me with fees for having to train my replacement and blahblahblah?
Thank you for your advice T^T