i wanna open this thread out of two reasons: 1. to tell the people outside Japan who intend to live here some things. 2. To hear the opinion of other foreigners who reside in Japan about it. I am here since 6 month only, so please correct me if i give a totally wrong impression about Japan; and yes, you can call me a smart-___/tenderfoot whatever.
1. Some simple things to consider before you leave your country and join the foreign community here:
- no one will pay you lots of money only because you are a foreigner (i did not expect that before i came here).
- no one will f**k you only because you are a foreigner (to be honest, i DID expect that).
- after a while you will probably hang out with other foreigners complaining about Japan. Japanese people seem to have a strange definition of friendship.
- food is great, but is this a reason to move here?
2. To all the other foreigners here:
- how often do you ask yourself why you came here?
- weighing the pros and cons: was it a good decisions to come here?
- i have now the feeling that it most probably was a stupid idea to come here; just a phase of feeling blue or will it get worse?