Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Argh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh!

Help!!!
    My 15yo daughter has started dating a Japanese police cadet!

Originally posted by Reflexology View Post
    Help!!!
    So? What's wrong with that? Worried when he becomes a police he will finally bring you down for getting into Japan years ago with a fake personality?

But seriously, You don't like him?

Comment

How old is he?

Comment

The point is that she is a minor at 15. If he was the same age I am sure the OP would have no problems.
        Op, if he is 20 or older, you can make his life very miserable but probably "lose " your daughter. Thread carefully.

Comment

One would think since he is learning to uphold the law, he might learn that it does apply to him. Since he is dating a minor.

Comment

Originally posted by haggydoggy View Post
            One would think since he is learning to uphold the law, he might learn that it does apply to him. Since he is dating a minor.
            Um, he may be a minor? O.o
            Either way, if I was a father and my daughter was dating a police cadet, every time she and I went by a koban or saw one of Japan's finest riding a mamachari. I would poke fun at all of them for wearing those stupid uniforms. Every time he came over I would show him a map and ask him for directions just to ____ him off.

Comment

How old does one have to be to become a cadet???

Comment

How old does one have to be to become a cadet???
                I am not sure, but I doubt they need a college degree to become a cadet so maybe 18? <puts chin on/in hand

Comment

Originally posted by Reflexology View Post
                  Help!!!
                  Lolz. Be prepared for the police to be doing full background checks into your whole family. If they find anything interesting his career will be terminated

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
                    The point is that she is a minor at 15. If he was the same age I am sure the OP would have no problems.
                    Op, if he is 20 or older, you can make his life very miserable but probably "lose " your daughter. Thread carefully.
                    Daughters arn't that easily lost are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon84 View Post
                      Daughters arn't that easily lost are they?
                      Only when she's 4 and you leave her at a mall.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBurgundy View Post
                        Only when she's 4 and you leave her at a mall.
                        If you leave her, is she really lost?

Comment

If you leave her, is she really lost?
                          No, but you could claim she was.

Comment

No, I've tried. That damn kid keeps finding her way home again. Or the wife is like "where is she?" I can't win.

For the OP, 2 words "chastity belt". Got mine in 'em already.

Comment

At 15 she is probably staring to rebel against pop and mom, so the Op has to be cool, getting mad at the situation is not the best thing to, as well as ridiculing the young man. The best thing to do is to treat her as an adult and make sure she knows about contraception and to promise to use it. I had a smiliar problem with my two daughters and an old friemd gabe that advice, after sitting down and talking with her and him, the problem disappeared. Of curse later on thee girls got into other types of things.Which aggravated the crap out of me, but I maintained my cool, now they seem to have settled down. Salarymen for boys friend for the older one and a college boy for the younger a year older than her.

Comment

Working...
                              X