Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

FIGHTING: Run ins with the Yakuza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIGHTING: Run ins with the Yakuza

Post Edited (02-23-04 21:23)

Re: FIGHTING: Run ins with the Yakuza

"Closed Captioned"? Isn't that so deaf people can read what is being said on TV. I think you might want Closed Circut TV. But an Amusing story anyway,

Comment

I got a Yakuza story but it ain't as good as yours though. It goes like this:

Right around election time, I was pushing my bike across the street when there were around 5 El(Right wing) trucks surrounding a small Communist truck. I was waiting at the light and kinda looking at those pricks yell and scream vulgarities through the microphone at the communist truck. When the light changed, I started across the street. (I would've loved to have watched the outcome, but I had to hurry to give a bottle of champagne for a friend's b-day) one of them right wing trucks accelerated towards me real quick like. I stepped back on the side walk to let him go first, and he didn't. So I got back in the cross walk to cross the street again, and the prick gassed it AGAIN! This time, him and one of the sonsa_____es in the front seat of the truck laughed at me. I pushed my bike to the ground walked over to the truck and kicked the hell out of it. I yelled at them to get out of the truck. The whole street which was already looking at them yell at the commies, started stairing at me kick the hell outta one of the trucks. One of the pricks in the back of the truck came to the window and showed me his long-ass bamboo lookin stick. So I held up my champagne bottle and kicked in the head lights. I was surprised that no one got out of the trucks to rough me up.

The end

Post Edited (11-25-03 13:13)

Comment

way to go, dude!

Comment

Oh geeze, I have one too....... I was drinking at an outdoor style bar and was a bit drunk and was leaning against a parked car, then this ugly looking loser told me ato get off his car in very rude Japanese. I got off his car but I shot him a mean look and tapped my foot on his tire (literally just tapped!). He drove off and I left. 20 minutes after I left, the jerk came back with his gang and proceeded to threaten everyone in the bar wth baseball bats!! The bartender told me that they asked every single person where I was. I sure am glad no one at that bar knew me well enough to tell them! Stupid yaks!

Comment

<sarcasm> ooohhh, I am just so impressed with you guys... </sarcasm>

Comment

Why all the sarcasm??? Didn't say I beat the crap out of all of em. Or any of em. Just that I kicked in their noisey ass truck!

Comment

Good tip about the conbini but I think you guys are a little bit nuts- the yakuza are not always harmless. As an example, remember a few years ago when they beat some American english teacher to death, apparently because he accidentally bumped into them and didn't apologize?

I have no real stories but occasionally they try to talk to me or recruit me when I'm walking alone in/near Kabukicho (NOT that I hang out there- I use the Seibu Shinjuku line which borders the place). Sometimes they speak Russian to me. A little scary.

Comment

Recruit you? The yakuza is not out to recruit- especially westerners! The scuzzy looking men who are talking to you near Kabukicho are just promoteres, probably trying to ask you if you want to go tho their club or buy some time with one of their girls.

But if you ar a female, I have no idea what they could want with you!

Comment

> But if you ar a female, I have no idea what they could want with you!

Yeah, I'm female. What could they want with me? Let's see, yakuza, young woman, Kabukicho. Use your imagination.

Comment

Never had a problem with Yakuza, maybe I am to old? to polite or just to stupid? I have no idea. but I am home now and miss the whole kit and caboodle, I'll be back a.k.a Arnie *^_^*

Post Edited (12-09-03 06:07)

Comment

Westie,

Dood, stay away from the digitally challenged tatoo boys. They are bad for your health: mental, physical, social, general. OR, carry a small net bag full of 500 yen coins (those weird soap lathering bags work well), and use it as a knuckleduster. OR, a seat post filled with ball bearings and closed firmly at both ends will also work wonders on their heads. Once used, either can be quickly dismantled, and Voila, no evidence. But really, be careful. The rule, as I understand it, is never fight anyone who doesn't care how ugly they will look after the fight. And those F'wits are some kind of special Ugly. Inside, as well as out.

Ninja-fully yours, + choo,

Comment

some of my interactions with Yakuza; they arent all _______s!

actually the yakuza in major cities like Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and so on do use foreigners. i have a few friends who are nigerian, jamaican, and some japanese mid-level yakuza friends. when one of my nigerian friends told me about it i I didnt believe him at first. but a couple months later i made friends with some cool japanese guys that drive new cadillacs sedans, escalades and benzes. i thought that they were jsut businessmen, until one of them introduced me to his capos who i thought was just his boss. i never really asked them what they do for jobs, because i figured if they wanted me to know, they'd tell me.

i just thought that they had their own businesses or something. they were really cool with me and took me out drinking and partying a lot. i even went to japanese only bars and hostess bars with them and stuff.I showed one of my co-workers at the junior high the japanese business card that one of the guys gave. It had japanese written on it that i couldnt understand and i wanted him to translate it for me.

He took one look at it and got scared. he asked me who gave it to me. I told him one of my friends that i go out drinking with sometimes. He told me that japanese on the card is written indirectly but from the kind of business holding company and the way the names are written on the card, its a yakuza business card. i was like what!? he was really nice to me tho. then the teacher warned me to be careful not to get too close to him. that wasnt hard to do because I only met that particular yakuza twice and he was very busy.

Anyway back to how the yakuza use some foreigners: I asked one of my yakuza friends who I hang out with once in a while about yakuza using foreigners. HE told me that they do use foreigners, but only as low-level stoodges, its usually foreigners who are either in japan illegally, or on marriage visa and have no marketable skills other than violent crime and theft, and some of them work for the yakuza selling clothes in clothes stores. some foreigners have their own clothes stores but some of them for in yakuza owned and operated clothes stores too.

Yakuza sometimes use foreigners for violent crimes to try to keep a foreign face attached to it instead of a japanese one. its becoming more and more rare these days though, especially now with the triads and yakuza still struggling for dominance. but that conversation took place about a year ago. things may have changed since then.

one funny side point: i found out that without a doubt one of my friends was a yakuza because we all got drunk at his place and my friend from LA was visiting and they started comparing tatoos and battle scars. Sure a lot more guys in japan have big tatoos these days and arent yakuza, but how many of them have knife and bullet wounds to go with it and drive a 2005 Mercedes Benz with all the windows dark tinted?

Another funny story about the yakuza i have is when one of my yakuza friends invited me to a party at a bar. he told me to dress nice. I wore dress slacks, a suede dress shirt and my leather coat (in japan they dont sell leather like the one my coat is made of). Everyone else was wearing a suit, or a shirt and tie. I had a lot of fun at the party. it was a welcome home party for my friend's friend. I thought that maybe he just came back from another part of japan or overseas. it turned out to be his welcome home from prison party. I've been to those in LA, but never in japan before. it was cool and everyone really nice. we had a lot of fun.

when i first met one of my friend's who is a yakuza he had a weekend apartment in my building. I live in a Leopalace in Gunma. he used to only be there on the weekends. He told me that he liked hiphop and R&B music a lot, so once a week I would drop him 2 or 3 burnt cds in his mail slot as a gift. some west coast music that he probably cant find in japan. then we started hanging out more when he had free time.

i didnt know he was a yakuza until one night i forget my cellphone in my car. In the morning i saw that he had called but i missed his call. he called 3 times in a row, so i thought something was up. i rang his doorbell and he answered the door without a shirt. he just woke up, i guess. i told him i forgot my phone in the car, and he called several times in a row, is something wrong? he was like, no i just wanted to see if you wanted to go drinking last night. i was like oh. then i said, thats a cool tattoo. then he got a little nervous, and said that he's a yakuza, and thats why when i asked what he does for a job before he said, Iro Iro; which means a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

I didnt know until he told me that most people in japan are afraid of all yakuza even low-level yakuza because they are connected. and that in japan usually you only have friends who work the same kind of jobs you do or study the same thing as you. i told him that in California it doesnt matter what you do for a job, you can have all kinds of friends. I told him that finding out he's a mid-level yakuza doesnt change much for me, because i got to know him before i found that out. its just more info. then i told him about how i have some friends who are doctors, lawyers, business owners, Bloods and Crips in Los Angeles. So him being a yakuza doesnt make him a bad person in my opinion. its what you do outside of your job duties that make you a good or bad person. as long as you dont kill without a justifiable reason, it doesnt make you bad.

he doesnt fit the yakuza stereotype at all, except for missing one of his fingers. He doesnt have one of those japanese yakuza punch perms, he keeps his hair short adn neat. He's also kinda tall and stocky, which I dont see too much in japanese people. we got to be really close and he told me about how he first became a yakuza, how he hid it from his family, and they found out when he got sent to prison. he got out of prison about 4 or 5 yrs ago. We never really talk about his job or my job tho, just everything else.

He travels all over job for his work as a yakuza, but i never ask him anything other than which city in Japan he went to that week. sometimes he's gone for weeks at a time. then he'll be back in town for a month or a couple weeks and we go out drinking and picking up women together. he and i and two of his yakuza friends went to a filipina hostess bar and the filipinas wanted me to talk to them in English because they dont get much chance to practice. it was funny because they were hanging on my every word. my friend said damn, its like you hypnotize them when you speak English, teach me how to do that. i got cellphone numbers from the 5 prettiest girls working at the hostess bar that night, but i never called them.

Comment

i didn't know cats rode around in escalades. can they fit down the narrow ass streets?

Comment

Originally posted by DiZZiL
                              So him being a yakuza doesnt make him a bad person in my opinion. its what you do outside of your job duties that make you a good or bad person.
                              A: "I can have sex with any woman I want."
                              B: "Bull____! How?"
                              A: "I'm a rapist. Don't worry, I see it as my profession. It's not a hobby."

Comment

Working...
                              X