Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Attending Higher Ed in Japan. Examinations, Entrance exams, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending Higher Ed in Japan. Examinations, Entrance exams, etc.

Ok here is my question.

This question is for those you actually attended college, university, or grad school in Japan.

I understand to attend higher education one has to be at a Level N2 on the JPLT. My question is did anyone had to take the EJU in addition to the JPLT, and also did any of you had to take an additional entrance exam to get into the school of your choice?

Originally posted by Nolivas View Post
    This question is for those you actually attended college, university, or grad school in Japan.

I understand to attend higher education one has to be at a Level N2 on the JPLT. My question is did anyone had to take the EJU in addition to the JPLT, and also did any of you had to take an additional entrance exam to get into the school of your choice?
    It really depends on the place and program. I was on a one-year university exchange program that started with a language course. The selection was done at my 'home' uni, not Japan. But if you apply directly at the school, they will have their own requirements, usually entrance examinations. Keep in mind that there are also English-speaking programs that don't require any Japanese at all, e.g. at Sophia Univ.

Comment

Working...
    X