Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

1st year wedding anniversary gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st year wedding anniversary gift

Does anyone know if there are traditional Japanese wedding anniversary gifts?

For example, in the U.S. the first year is paper, second year is cotton, thrid year is etc...etc.

Originally posted by malarky View Post

For example, in the U.S. the first year is paper, second year is cotton, thrid year is etc...etc.
    Diapers? But no - I have not heard of, nor practiced in - such a tradition.

Comment

Actually there is: First year you bang her twice, second year three time, third year -four times, fifth year- and after- no more banging, somebody else gets to do it!

Comment

Flowers and a nice dinner would do. For good b***g, also consider a trip to an onsen with private rotenburo.

Comment

What, for your wife? Or for a couple you know?

Either way, if you give anything, don't set any precedents you won't want to keep up with in the years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathblob View Post
            Or for a couple you know?
            Good point. In that case expect the next question might be about the 'appropriate birthday gift for my GF's cat'.

Comment

I just use the system above and my J-wife thinks it's fun.

Comment

Working...
              X