Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Reprimanding train passengers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since1990 View Post
    Don't get angry at them. Go up to them and whisper, so that the old man doesn't realise, politely asking them to give one of their seats away.

I have done that a few times with success - for pregnant women with 'Baby in me' badges, too.
    You are a good guy.
    Ja. that is really the right thing to do.

And that is what should be done. The way people learn to behave well (or poorly) is through the examples of others.
    I have picked up plenty of things about how to be a nice person from other people well after I became an adult. Plenty of things from Japanese people.

As for piethrowa .. what the fk? your boyfriend didn't give you the love today?

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
      ... the right thing to do. ...

IS to get up close and personal with the twerps - bending over to get within inches from their faces, making them think that you are about to eat their noses, ears, or eyeballs. And then back off an inch or two, and glance at the old biddy or geezer, and once again - get real close to the twerps, and then repeat the glance at the seniors, and finally give the imbecile mother a dirty look of disdain - and then see if the seat is given up, or if their station just happens to be the next stop.

And if that doesn't work - generate a coughing fit - mouth uncovered directed at the imbecile of a mother. A not so fine spray of spit might help seal the deal.

(The wine is good tonight....)

Comment

Originally posted by Piethrower View Post
        Wow, give this man a Subway hero sandwich! You're twice the man twelvedown could ever be, I think you've made that crystal clear. Was that the idea? I find a lot of self-admiration in your posts which is somewhat disturbing because you're, uh, very weird.
        It is what it is. If it makes me a hero, then I'm a hero. If it makes me weird, it makes me weird. I think it's a combination of the both.

Originally posted by Piethrower View Post
        Quick example - when somebody pointed out (yesterday, I think) that you act like Glenn Close whenever KB posts you were quick to point out that on those rare occasions when KB actually says something that you deem acceptable you're not afraid to agree with him. And then lo and behold a few posts later there you are agreeing with KB for no other reason than to demonstrate what a fair-minded guy you really are
        So to get this straight, you are saying that because I had acknowledged that I am willing to agree with KB when he is right on something, I should have purposefully not agreed with him the next time he said something I agree with? That's way too many head games for me. You are better at those than I.

Anyways, we've met in person. You know yourself how much of a misfit I come across as or not. If you think I am, well there you have it - I am. It doesn't really bother me though. I stopped evaluating myself through others' opinions of me when I was still going through puberty. If you set the bar at 'what everyone else is doing', then you never do anything different or more than anyone else. I'd rather do my own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by thefg
          which you clearly don't get given that your behaviour would have embarrassed and disturbed everyone including the old man. he would have rather stood in peace and be left alone he didnt want some stranger making fuss unasked on his behalf because them he will have to react, would have to thank you (the correct amount) would worry if you understood his japanese --oh i can almost here his stress levels increasing!

if you really understood japanese culture you would leave people in peace
          maybe you should think about that... and I am certainly not saying "think again", because you obviously never did.

Some of us have a different understanding of the meaning of the word "culture", and it does not include behaviour like that. I would agree that it is not our job to wake up these retarded cowards, but sometimes it just feels to be the right thing to do.
          You see, my experience is totally different. I have gotten into the habit of pointing out to japanese when they behave like _______s, and in almost every single instance I get only positive feedback from the japanese around me, not just in trains.
          If the japanese want to cling to their mixture of stupidity, cowardliness and hang on to what they call culture and tradition in this third world country... fine with me.
          However, on some days less so, than on others...

"twelvedown"... your questions simply shoes intelligence, as it is not really obvious how to behave, and you can see at some of the ridculous answers here. When for the first time I thought about that question myself, I came to two conclusions. I do not like moronic behavior in idiots, if in Tokyo or New York, but on the other hand, I can not change Japan, those people are so unbelievably stuck in their miserable little habits, they do not deserve any better life than what they have. So, if it feels to you in that moment... go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post

So, what would be the best way to go about that?
            On the other hand, you could be like me and just not give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1990 View Post
              sometimes it is just too easy to "mind you own business". I believe in making the world a better place.
              Who died and made you savior of the JR?
              making the world a better place isn't about telling other people what they should do.
              It's about doing the right thing yourself.

If you told me to give up my seat for someone, or try that stare-down or coughing fit B.S,
              I'll punch you in your goddamned smug grandiose face.
              Especially if you were a Gaijin like me.

And the best part is, no one on the train would really give a $hit.
              Last edited by YokohamaTommy; 2012-03-20, 09:27 AM.

Comment

On that note from YokoTonTon

Am I the only one to wonder why 12&under didn't offer said 80 year old his own damn seat????

PS no Sooper Pooper points for guessing why he didn't.

At least he got Piethrower chucking it again.

Comment

Originally posted by John Grey View Post
                  "twelvedown"... your questions simply shoes intelligence,
                  Does it come in 30 cm?
                  I really need to find an intelligent 30 cm shoe.

Comment

"twelvedown"... your questions simply shoes intelligence
                    Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post
                    Does it come in 30 cm?
                    I really need to find an intelligent 30 cm shoe.
                    I see your answer because make disinjeansyouus.

Obvious is to mean that 12&Under questions is "socks intelligence", and if of extremis, also "pants intelligence".

Because all but idiot know that intelligence can not be shoed, or shoo'ed, or eschewed.

This is fuct.

and you can see at some of the ridculous answers here.
                    And now we are know that many is one, and the true response is make.

PS if you don't mind dumb shoes, most larger work wear shops will carry something in a 30.

Like these groovers: https://www.toraichi-shop.com/produc...?product_id=17

But if you actually care about looking like a human, go to the outlet malls near any of the Kanto area bases.

My intelligence is also 29.5 cms, and I am of feel for your pine.
                    Last edited by kurogane; 2012-03-20, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post

PS if you don't mind dumb shoes, most larger work wear shops will carry something in a 30.
                      Indeed, I've seen those at my local Home Shop.
                      Not really my cup of tea.

But if you actually care about looking like a human, go to the outlet malls near any of the Kanto area bases.
                      I'm slowly finding the big/tall dudes shop resources.
                      BTW, are you drinking glue again?

Comment

Am I the only one to wonder why 12&under didn't offer said 80 year old his own damn seat????

Won't say anything bad about 12down. He's a good guy and his heart is in the right place.
                        And of course it bugs me that often I see such injustices on the train. It bugs me like it bugs everyone else.
                        But I'll be damned if I'm going to get up in anyone's grill about it. I pick my battles carefully, and playing JR Jesus ain't one of 'em.

Comment

"Reprimanding.."?

Imagine the response a Japanese person would get if they turned up in America and started "reprimanding" people....

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
                            "Reprimanding.."?

Imagine the response a Japanese person would get if they turned up in America and started "reprimanding" people....

A very wise way to approach the situation.

Comment

I see your answer because make disinjeansyouus.

Obvious is to mean that 12&Under questions is "socks intelligence", and if of extremis, also "pants intelligence".

Because all but idiot know that intelligence can not be shoed, or shoo'ed, or eschewed.

This is fuct.

And now we are know that many is one, and the true response is make.

Like these groovers: https://www.toraichi-shop.com/produc...?product_id=17

Fcukin' classic!

Comment

From my experience, even giving up your own seat for the elderly only results in them being embarrassed.
                                Strangely, heavily pregnant women seem grateful, which is good, because I'm damned if I want amniotic fluid all over my shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X