Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Reprimanding train passengers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piethrower View Post
    You think it's a combination of both? 'Part hero, part freak but that's just me being me. I'm a unique specimen I guess, a strange but wonderful gift to humanity.' Is that a fair interpretation of what you wrote? I'm not really religious but I'm gonna have to invoke the lord - Jeezus f*cking Christ, what are you on?

It's neither heroic nor weird to give up your seat for a pregnant woman or a rickety old man. But if you really wanna make a case for your heroism and/or weirdness go ahead and make my day - I'm all ears. The hero sandwich I offered you was laced with sarcasm, that should've been obvious even on the internet. And while I called you 'weird' - and believe it or not I was trying to be diplomatic cuz in truth I think the term 'w*nker' more accurately describes you - it certainly wasn't in reference to your behavior around priority seats (you're boastful for no particular reason but that's not really 'weird - oh sh*t, but it does make you a w*nker, doesn't it...darn). No, you're 'weird' for a vast array of other reasons, one of which I tried to illustrate in connection with KB but as usual you deflected it with your bizarre Fujayan logic.

You're cracked or you're willfully misreading everything I write. I'll try to explain it again but it's kinda off-topic in addition to being a waste of time since you'll never ever be able to see your true self.

But here it goes: 1. You got criticized for dogging KB (just like you dog the "Russian whore" and that beentheredonethat character - the tenacity you display is really sickening, obsessive and what's worse, to me anyways, is that you don't mind getting really childish about it). 2. You don't like criticism or anything that reflects negatively on you. (One of many cases in point - You were about to abandon that PTA thread when it was suggested that your wife was, well, less than a good mother. You didn't anticipate that or know how to deal with it and only came back when another poster gave you an opportunity to brag about your 'business.') As I said before, baffling though it is to me, you have an inordinately high regard for yourself - you weave a lot of self-love into your posts - and you don't like it when others attempt to shatter that image you have of yourself. 3. You made an imperious attempt to deflect the criticism. Should KB ever be right about something you in your generosity will be sure to let us know. Thanks, man. 4. KB makes typically stupid but inoffensive comment. 5. Light goes on in your predictable head. 'I really have no interest in that post, nor do I have anything relevant to add but I can agree with KB and prove to all that I can be fair-minded just like I said I could 10 minutes ago! Attention everybody please note that I have just agreed with KB which I means I am not the rabid dog some accused me of being, no, no, no, I can be fair. Now don't read my post too carefully because I'm talking out of my a$$ but what you want to take away from this is that you were wrong and I was right...again.'

Do you follow me? I tried to keep it light but I hope you got the gist - ordinarily you would've ignored KB's post (it wasn't one that pushed any of your usual buttons) but you saw an opportunity to prove how righteous you are. You weren't agreeing with KB, you were agreeing with yourself, you sick f*ck.

Yeah, that's really deep. But actually I only remember three things about you from that time we met. 1. You don't drink beer. Yeah, I thought that was weird but as an open-minded person I couldn't really hold that against you. 2. You speak three times faster than most human beings. It made conversation difficult and a few times I really wanted you to shut up. But that's not a capital crime either. 3. An episode with the waiter made it clear that your Japanese isn't quite as good as you like to make out. Of course we already knew that because of the Fujay meltdown. But you spat out your Japanese just as violently as your English, I'll give you that.

No, for what it's worth, you didn't give me the impression that you were a misfit when we met. My assessment of you is based mainly on your contributions here on GP.
    My hero for today. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm really tired every good topic here turns into a kansaiben bash. Been there done that.

But Effected After knows he was wrong since he is really trying hard to befriend everyone again. But sorry seems to be the hardest word. In that regard he's just as stubborn as KansaiBen.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1990 View Post
      No, no, no. They're not 'gaijin values', they're God's values.
      I saw God expose himself on the train today. At least he claimed to be God but the fact is he was wearing a JR uniform. He was the conductor, I think. I dunno...could've been impersonating Him. It's hard to know these days. I'm not a groupie like you but I would think that riding the trains each day would rattle one's faith. But on the other hand, sometimes it must be easier to give yourself up to blind faith. Whatever gets you through the night, right? In any case, I think we can agree that both the athiest and believer are capable of being arrogant pr*cks. If nothing else, let's agree about that, OK?

Me, I get my values from talking animals. Ask your God to explain the moral of this fable (if necessary):

A Gnat flew over the meadow with much buzzing for so small a creature and settled on the tip of one of the horns of a Bull. After he had rested a short time, he made ready to fly away. But before he left he begged the Bull's pardon for having used his horn for a resting place. "You must be very glad to have me go now," he said. "It's all the same to me," replied the Bull. "I did not even know you were there."

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHurry View Post
        Well, seeing how you clearly have enough time to pen voluminous posts here, I'd say wasting time wasn't really that much of a problem for ya....
        Quite right. It was time happily wasted for me - it was kinda like dissecting a frog but without the slimy mess. But I suppose I meant it would be a waste of 'his' time since my psychological insights, though 100% accurate, are sure to be rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Piethrower View Post
          ...In any case, I think we can agree that both the athiest and believer are capable of being arrogant pr*cks. If nothing else, let's agree about that, OK?
          Agreed. Absolutely yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1990 View Post
            No, no, no. They're not 'gaijin values', they're God's values.
            Technically, that's an anthropomorphism. God is not of man, but all of man.

He is the One and the Way.

God's word as spread through his earthly minions teaches us values........to him they are simply the Word.

To put it another way, values are internalisations of the teachings of God, especially as spread to us by the word of his only begotten son.

I forget the dood's name.

I always preferred the Old Testament anyways. Excet for that No Pork bit.................that's just weird.

Anyways,

YokoTee..............trick question. 12down answered it. He was standing.

Fully agreed on his general worth and worthiness.

BTW, if I try drinking the glue, can I get intelligent socks, too???

Oxymoron,

Tanks man. At least somebody on here can still read

Comment

Originally posted by thefg
              its sanctimonious racist morons like you that give all gaijins a bad name.

who the f_ck do you think you are? wind you kneck in

your just a guest in their country.

you think this is just a 'miserable' japanese habit? go take some trains in NY and talk like that to people and see how much fun it is to be knifed

lets see how big brave man you are then.

f_ck off with your condescending attitude
              While I agree somewhat I disagree with this:

your just a guest in their country.
              Not if you are married, live, work and pay taxes here, then I feel you are no longer a guest but a valuable member of the Japanese society. But thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
                While I agree somewhat I disagree with this:

Not if you are married, live, work and pay taxes here, then I feel you are no longer a guest but a valuable member of the Japanese society. But thats just me.
                That's my thinking, too. Many Japanese think that way, believe it or not. In fact most Japanese people I know often are surprised when their gaijin friends decide to move back to their own country. I'm not just referring to the 'flyjin' episode!

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                  I just got off my sticks a week ago, I broke my foot last December and while I was on crutches I always got a seat on the train.
                  Spent almost seven weeks commuting on crutches after breaking mine and had the grand total of 2 people stand up on trains for me. A high school girl, and a mid-twenties OL.

Had countless people push me aside to get seats though.

Comment

Originally posted by SometimesJustMe View Post
                    Spent almost seven weeks commuting on crutches after breaking mine and had the grand total of 2 people stand up on trains for me. A high school girl, and a mid-twenties OL.

Had countless people push me aside to get seats though.
                    Could be the area where you live in? I notice people from the countryside tend to be nicer than cityfolks.

Comment

Could be the area where you live in? I notice people from the countryside tend to be nicer than cityfolks.
                      Sadly I'm in the biggest country town.....Nagoya.

Comment

tgefg Im SO glad you are NOT the minister of immigration or foreign affairs. WTF your reasoning blows more than Paris Hilton's debut video

Comment

tgefg Im SO glad you are NOT the minister of immigration or foreign affairs. WTF your reasoning blows more than Paris Hilton's debut video
                          lol... he might be....

Comment

...blah, blah,blah....

...blah, blah....
                            2) In the event Japan was attacked would you don (or encourage your children to don) a japanese army uniform and defend Japan with your life should the need arise.
                            ...blah, blah,blah....

...blah, blah,blah....You are a guest in a country when you are prepared to defend it with your life and when you carry its passport only. So long as you have somewhere else to run to, to retire to then your a guest.

This demonstrates how out of touch you are with Japanese society. Your definition of 'guest' would make the majority of Japanese people guests, too.

Comment

nope not true at all,

You are a guest unless you honestly answer YES to the following questions

1) After tsunami/nuclear issue you didnt ever consider leaving japan even temporarily?
                              2) In the event Japan was attacked would you don (or encourage your children to don) a japanese army uniform and defend Japan with your life should the need arise.
                              3) You have taken citizenship

(ignoring the fact japan has no army)

People yank on about the fact they pay taxes - it means sh1t. Thats just financial it means squat.

You are a guest in a country when you are prepared to defend it with your life and when you carry its passport only. So long as you have somewhere else to run to, to retire to then your a guest.
                              this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

nope not true at all,

You are a guest unless you honestly answer YES to the following questions

1) After tsunami/nuclear issue you didnt ever consider leaving japan even temporarily?
                                3) You have taken citizenship
                                1) didn't run

2) eldest daughter is with the Dai Ichi Rikajyou based out of Tokorozawa

3) haven't seen the benefits of being Japanese

and to sum up, I usually only intervene if there's warrant to ie; an obviously pregnant woman will be given a seat or a man/woman using crutches with 2 broken legs, a broken arm and major cranial damage will also be given a seat, I'll break up a fight that starts up by suitably hurting both participants and then chucking them off the train at the next stop or will give aid to the poor dying idiot who overdosed on cheap alcohol by chucking him/her off the train at the next stop after pushing the emergency button.

See, no chastising, spouting of dogma or other stupidity enters into it!

Comment

Working...
                                X