Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Reprimanding train passengers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thefg
    nope not true at all,

You are a guest unless you honestly answer YES to the following questions

1) After tsunami/nuclear issue you didnt ever consider leaving japan even temporarily?
    2) In the event Japan was attacked would you don (or encourage your children to don) a japanese army uniform and defend Japan with your life should the need arise.
    3) You have taken citizenship

(ignoring the fact japan has no army)

People yank on about the fact they pay taxes - it means sh1t. Thats just financial it means squat.

You are a guest in a country when you are prepared to defend it with your life and when you carry its passport only. So long as you have somewhere else to run to, to retire to then your a guest.
    Well--- this may come as a surprise to you, but some of us have the very obvious feeling, that we are temporary guests on the whole planet. I have lived in many countries and never found a single one that was worth defending. I only carry a passport, because I absolutely have to.

Maybe you might consider that a lot of your ideas are a little a silly, and the only reason why you believe them is, that you have always believed in them? Is it a fair assumption, that you yourself never really thought about anything at all in your life?? You see, you did not even manage to write that sentence correctly, it means the opposite of the idiocy what you want to preach us.... "You are a guest in a country when you are prepared to defend it with your life and when you carry its passport only."

Very funny though...

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
      tgefg Im SO glad you are NOT the minister of immigration or foreign affairs. WTF your reasoning blows more than Paris Hilton's debut video
      Yes, but, as you can see even here in the GP, he clearly represents the majority... of every country....

Comment

Originally posted by John Grey View Post
        Yes, but, as you can see even here in the GP, he clearly represents the majority... of every country....

Many are the one............lonely is the night...............

My intelligent socks are green.

Who is Number 1????

Comment

Originally posted by thefg
          i do not accept the validity of your premise
          The proximity of your sequitir is constrictive.

Is it safe?

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
            Many are the one............lonely is the night...............

My intelligent socks are green.

Who is Number 1????
            Welcome to The Village, Number 6.

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
              I wonder if anyone under 50 gets that reference (except me).

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post

I am not a number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I like Villages.

Originally posted by Andun View Post
                I wonder if anyone under 50 gets that reference (except me).
                PS My chronological bio-organic longevity coordinates remain under your arbitrary benchmark.

Which number are you?????

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                  Which number are you?????
                  C3P0

.................................................. .........

Comment

With a child on the way and my wife very pregnant at the moment I can tell you that it comes as a very big relief when somebody does offer a seat to her. She is too reserved to ask for it herself though and I think if I asked I would look out of place. If you see somebody who is sitting in the reserved seats when they shouldn't be, it's best to leave it up to them to move of their own accord. The negative attention is focused on them and by attracting attention to yourself, you will just be known as "that person who asked somebody to move" for the rest of the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Azumi View Post
                      you will just be known as "that person who asked somebody to move" for the rest of the journey.
                      You are making two grave mistakes.

1. You assume that the people on the public transport are going to be sending you bad vibes because you secure a seat for your pregnant wife.
                      2. You assume that preserving the presumed wa of the bus is in some way a superior virtue than securing a seat for your pregnant wife.

I'm here today to give you a valuable lesson in life: Nobody taking the public transport is going to hold a grudge against you for helping your pregnant wife.

And, in the infinitesimally microscopic chance that you should happen to ride the bus on a day when there is a passenger who is so small-minded that he takes offense at you procuring a seat for your pregnant wife, well sir we can then quite properly label that passenger as a douchebag, and we can treat him with all the opprobrium that such a person deserves. We certainly do not need to appease the feelings of any fμcktard, regardless of where we are, be it Japan, or Germany, or the Great Satan.

So take it from an old fart who has been around these isles for a while; if you ask politely, humbly, apologetically, you will not only look like a hero in the eyes of your wife, but you will look like a hero in the eyes of the other passengers as well. And its not often that we get the chance to be a hero, so take every chance that comes your way.

Comment

Question. Seen a pregnant woman on the train recently. Since the train is pretty full seats are already taken so she has to stand. I feel sorry for her and want to tell someone to get up and make some room, because nobody stands up and gives her a seat. Would YOU tell someone to GTFO of the seat to let her sit? Or would you let her stand and since she is Japanese doesnt ask for a seat herself

Comment

Maybe one or two weeks ago, I was on the train standing beside a quite pregnant woman, with no one moving for her. This was on the Yokohama subway line, where all seats are priority seats. I said to her 'it must be tiring standing up when you are pregnant eh?' The guy sitting in front of us looked up, saw her, then gave her his seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                            Maybe one or two weeks ago, I was on the train standing beside a quite pregnant woman, with no one moving for her. This was on the Yokohama subway line, where all seats are priority seats. I said to her 'it must be tiring standing up when you are pregnant eh?' The guy sitting in front of us looked up, saw her, then gave her his seat.
                            Nice. Will keep this one in mind.

Comment

... The guy sitting in front of us looked up, saw her, then gave her his seat.
                              And therein – I believe is a key to this… Most people simply ignore others when on the train – engrossed in their own thoughts, reading, or more commonly these days – glued to a game or smart phone. But if given the chance – will gladly give up their seat if they become aware of the need.

I have two supporting events to describe – the first, was my own son who boarded the train and sat down next to me – and we didn’t become aware of each others presence for several stations. The second – a girl passed out while standing and slumped into my arms on a train that was so crowded that she couldn’t actually fall down. I supported her and asked a seated passenger for their seat, which was readily given – sat her down and only after several minutes did she groggily came back around.

Comment

Nice.

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
                                I have two supporting events to describe – the first, was my own son who boarded the train and sat down next to me – and we didn’t become aware of each others presence for several stations.
                                That must have made for a good laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X