Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Top

Collapse

Who sleeps in your room?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by 91Coupe View Post
    Before we go to bed we use a baby monitor to listen to him from the living room and he has no problem waking us up through the paper thin walls of our house.
    Even though he is in another room, its only about 6 or 7 steps from my bed to his.
    Ah. Forgot about monitors.
    Wife won't have 'em.
    That and strollers.

    Comment


    • #17
      My kids have their own rooms at the moment, although babes are in our room until they sleep through the night. Littlest one (13 months) has recently moved out although it is much easier with babies in the room. I get a lot more sleep when I am not trudging through the house at 3am.

      My kids all pile in on the weekends from about 5am and I love that.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Genkii View Post
        I sleep with my imaginary girlfriend every night.

        Untill I wake up. Then she is gone
        whoah. dude. that was like.... completely honest, man!


        Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
        I snuggle up to the pussy everynight and give it a few playful strokes to get the motor humming, and then we drift of to the land of Nod....
        That could be a thread starter!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Effected After View Post
          I prefer this way. I don't think it's natural to have kids sleeping in their own room when they are still babies.

          Buddha knows, this country's high suicide rate and the overall mental health of the populous are a living testament to the soundness of the practice of shared sleeping quarters....

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by hml View Post
            whoah. dude. that was like.... completely honest, man!



            That could be a thread starter!
            I know right, but there is a cute japanese girl coming over at new year. She said the winter won't be cold 'cause she's with me. I've been gyaku nanpa'd!

            (ofcourse I know she just want marriage to escape japan, but I just play along)

            So there's still hope for me! I won't sleep alone forever!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Genkii View Post
              So there's still hope for me! I won't sleep alone forever!


              Perhaps if you were to walk away from the computer games, etc....

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
                Perhaps if you were to walk away from the computer games, etc....
                I want to have a wife and still able to do my own things without her complaing.

                You say that's impossible?

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'm usually too drunk to know who's sleeping with me. But more power to them if they can sleep over the snoring.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Genkii View Post
                    I want to have a wife and still able to do my own things without her complaing.

                    You say that's impossible?
                    Do you want your Mommy to hold your hand, feed you milk and cuddle your tummy also?

                    Look, to understand Japanese wives is simple:

                    Their job is complex.
                    Yours is simple:

                    Make the money, clean the bathtub, play with the kids, ask for おかわり and sling the Python often and forcefully.
                    That's it.
                    Anything else is just an excuse in Japanese society really.

                    As long as you are doing your job, you'll be treated like a king and can get away with murder.

                    If you are doing your job and you aren't treated like a king, just tell her parents, they'll kick her arse six ways to Sunday and shame/nag her into compliance.
                    If you aren't at least making money, no matter how badly she treats you YOU'LL be the one to blame.
                    And of course, the moment you stop doing your simple jobs,
                    she has no use for you.

                    And can you blame her?

                    Disclaimer: This really only works for proper Japanese women. All those Gaijin hunters, assorted wack-jobs, diseased Gas-panic sluts and misfit losers that most foreigners mistake for real Japanese only serve to befuddle like-minded souls, and frankly in that case, they probably deserve each other.
                    Last edited by YokohamaTommy; 2012-06-28, 01:45 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post
                      Do you want your Mommy to hold your hand, feed you milk and cuddle your tummy also?

                      Look, to understand Japanese wives is simple:

                      Their job is complex.
                      Yours is simple:

                      Make the money, clean the bathtub, play with the kids, ask for おかわり and sling the Python often and forcefully.
                      That's it.
                      Anything else is just an excuse in Japanese society really.

                      As long as you are doing your job, you'll be treated like a king and can get away with murder.

                      If you are doing your job and you aren't treated like a king, just tell her parents, they'll kick her arse six ways to Sunday and shame/nag her into compliance.
                      If you aren't at least making money, no matter how badly she treats you YOU'LL be the one to blame.
                      And of course, the moment you stop doing your simple jobs,
                      she has no use for you.

                      And can you blame her?

                      Disclaimer: This really only works for proper Japanese women. All those Gaijin hunters, assorted wack-jobs, diseased Gas-panic sluts and misfit losers that most foreigners mistake for real Japanese only serve to befuddle like-minded souls, and frankly in that case, they probably deserve each other.
                      Yes I know this. This is part of the reason why I'm frustrated.

                      And can you blame her?
                      I can't blame them since women are discriminated against and earn atleast 50% less then a men in the same position. So yes it's harder for a women to make a living I get that. But it would be nice if a japanese women would like me for who I am and not because of my status or money. Am I young and naive? Maybe.

                      I once asked my japanese exgf why she liked me. I thought she would say something about my personality or things we had in common (we had the same music taste) but no she just said because I was hard working. I literally thought wow is that all.. Nice guy? Noone gives a crap. Not saying they SHOULD. (they should do whatever they want to) but yes..

                      I see japanese women no other then slaves. You bring home the money and you get sex in return. (If you're lucky)

                      Maybe I was raised the wrong way but finding a soulmate in your partner is just NOT going to happen with a japanese women. It's sad.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
                        Buddha knows, this country's high suicide rate and the overall mental health of the populous are a living testament to the soundness of the practice of shared sleeping quarters....
                        So you are saying these issues would go away if kids were forced to sleep in their own beds from a young age?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I came up with a decent analogy for the middle-aged husband (gaijin or not) of a Japanese wife yesterday when chatting with a mate about our mutual friends who has his balls well squeezed in a vice:

                          Middle-aged husband is like a spare tire. You wouldn't ever leave on a long journey without one. It's a necessary functional item. But certainly NOT the most exciting thing about your car and rarely is its condition checked - except when required and even then 99% of the time it presents in sound working condition.

                          Discuss.



                          --

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            My 1 year 9 m/o son sleeps in his own room with Wan Wan & U-tan. He seems content enough. At eight bells his Mom whispers 'Wan Wan U-tan' and he jumps into her arms whereupon we all head upstairs for the tuck-in ritual. He accepts goodnightly kisses from everyone including our dog and then quickly submits to the sandman.

                            Originally posted by mr.sumo.snr View Post
                            I came up with a decent analogy for the middle-aged husband (gaijin or not) of a Japanese wife yesterday when chatting with a mate about our mutual friends who has his balls well squeezed in a vice:

                            Middle-aged husband is like a spare tire. You wouldn't ever leave on a long journey without one. It's a necessary functional item. But certainly NOT the most exciting thing about your car and rarely is its condition checked - except when required and even then 99% of the time it presents in sound working condition.

                            Discuss.

                            --
                            If you were a tire you'd be as flat as that analogy, my friend. And it seems to be apropos of nothing...Who let you out of the trunk?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Piethrower View Post
                              My 1 year 9 m/o son sleeps in his own room with Wan Wan & U-tan. He seems content enough. At eight bells his Mom whispers 'Wan Wan U-tan' and he jumps into her arms whereupon we all head upstairs for the tuck-in ritual. He accepts goodnightly kisses from everyone including our dog and then quickly submits to the sandman.
                              Impressed and envious that your child sleeps in a different room, and at 8pm too! My 5 year old still shows no interest in wanting a separate room, and the 2 year old is often still awake at 10pm (though I've just had a friendly chat with his teacher at nursery - could he sleep a bit less during the day?). How did you manage it?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
                                Impressed and envious that your child sleeps in a different room, and at 8pm too! My 5 year old still shows no interest in wanting a separate room, and the 2 year old is often still awake at 10pm (though I've just had a friendly chat with his teacher at nursery - could he sleep a bit less during the day?). How did you manage it?
                                I'm not sure that we did anything in particular. He's a hyperactive adventurer during the day and only gets one nap so he's probably just plain exhausted by 8pm. I know we are...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X